PDA

View Full Version : banjo bolts (block and turbo oil lines)

guitaraholic
09-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Is there a difference between the oil banjo bolt going to the block and the one going to the turbo, I lost one of the bolts and need to get another one. Do they both have restrictors of just one?

garagelu
09-22-2009, 06:54 PM
There is no such thing as a banjo bolt with a restrictor. A banjo bolt is a banjo bolt. Yes the coolant banjo and oil banjo bolt sizes are different. If you need the coolant banjo, I should have one. I don't think I have the oil banjo. Pm me if you want it.

And are these stock lines or aftermarket lines you are talking about. Because you shouldn't need the coolant banjo if going to stainless lines.

clark
09-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Is there a difference between the oil banjo bolt going to the block and the one going to the turbo, I lost one of the bolts and need to get another one. Do they both have restrictors of just one?

actually, garagelu, the banjo bolt on the SR engine has a specific restriction built into it.

but he garagelu is right, the size of the banjo bolt for the coolant going to the turbo (there are two of them, 1 in, 1 out) are completely different than the banjo bolt going into the block.

the oil feed has a banjo bolt on the block end, and just a regular fitting attached to the hardline with a flare at the end of the line (Assuming you have stock lines)

i have a bunch of the coolant banjos myself.

guitaraholic
09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the replies. Though I'm not worried about the coolant lines. They are both hooked up.
The one I found has a 17mm head on it, is that the right bolt?

garagelu
09-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the replies. Though I'm not worried about the coolant lines. They are both hooked up.
The one I found has a 17mm head on it, is that the right bolt?

Yup that should be right. Oil banjo uses a 17mm socket to tighten and I think coolant is a 19mm.

guitaraholic
09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Do these look right? Is the hole for these too big?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa306/guitaraholic2007/Bolt1.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa306/guitaraholic2007/Bolt2.jpg

clark
09-23-2009, 07:08 AM
the oil banjo bolt restriction can only be seen if you look through the side oil ports.

it can't be seen from the threaded end of the bolt because it tapers into a smaller port. since the oil comes from the block through the regular sized opening, then gets forced into a smaller and smaller chamber making better pressure.

that kind of looks like the right bolt because of the zinc coating. I've rebuilt 3 turbos now and the coolant banjos never had zinc coating.

jr_ss
09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
the oil banjo bolt restriction can only be seen if you look through the side oil ports.

it can't be seen from the threaded end of the bolt because it tapers into a smaller port. since the oil comes from the block through the regular sized opening, then gets forced into a smaller and smaller chamber making better pressure.

that kind of looks like the right bolt because of the zinc coating. I've rebuilt 3 turbos now and the coolant banjos never had zinc coating.

It's actually the other way around. The restriction can be seen from the threaded side, not through the holes on the sides... I just drilled my stock one out because the adapter to my Turbo has a restriction built into it.

guitaraholic
09-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Well, I rechecked the bolt, and found that if I looked down into the hole, it gets really small, so I am assuming that is the correct bolt.

Thanks everyone for all the input and help

DrewWhite
10-30-2009, 05:16 PM
I lost that same bottom oil banjo bolt going to the block..... I've looked everywhere for one. Even went to two nissan dealerships for grins and kicks.. All they could show me was a z32 bolt but couldnt tell me what size it was, i'm thinking of ordering it just to see. Can anyone direct me to somewhere to get one PLEASE. Its nissan part #16432-79E00 which is discontinued. Does any one know if #16432-40P00 off the VG30DETT z32 will work? Noone i can find in town has one in stock so i cant look at it

DrewWhite
10-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Update! thankfully i found my banjo bolt, I'm noy sure it the z32 oil feed will work but i can tell you for sure its tread is M12x1.25, i forgot to measure how long it was but an inch or less. Also its oil restricted like the RH side of the vg30dett. If someone could verify it would be nice to know

*update* just to let you know 16432-40P00 off a VG30DETT should work. Its the same M12x1.25 tread and oil restricted. :hs: