PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Weird braking problem

sb253
09-22-2009, 11:47 AM
So, im having a brake problem I've never seen before. When I release the brake pedal I get a quick shake in the steering wheel. It seems like it changes by how fast i release the brakes. Let off soft and slow, not much shake. Let off fast, wheel shakes hard. Im running s15 4 pots up front. It never used to do this

I checked my front lines and no kinks all the way to the BMC. Cant figure out if its a pressure thing or a sticky caliper thing?

Anyone ever had this problem?

SidewayZ-s14
09-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Yup.
Are you running the stock brakes? Aftermarket wheels?

sb253
09-22-2009, 12:01 PM
OE replacement rotors and axis ultimate pads up front. Stock replacement rotors and pads in rear. Aftermarket wheels.

I had to replace a pass. side LCA and cradle (both OEM parts) and it seemed like it started after that. Got an alignment after the new parts were replaced too. Car tracks straight, but kind of pulls and the wheel shakes when releasing the pedal.

I dont get it because it just started. Same set up worked fine since ive had the car.

davirene
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Sounds like your pads are not releasing evenly? Did you put glue on the pads, are the shims in there (all 4), are any of the boots for the caliphers torn, or cracked?

sb253
09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
ya. All the brake stuff is installed properly. Exact same symptoms with old and new pad/rotors. I just changes them saturday and nothing changed. Piston boots looked fine when I wiped them off before putting the new pads in.

Sileighty_85
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
ya. All the brake stuff is installed properly. Exact same symptoms with old and new pad/rotors. I just changes them saturday and nothing changed. Piston boots looked fine when I wiped them off before putting the new pads in.

Just cuz the boots look fine doesnt mean the Pistons are not corroded

Contaminated fuild will cause them to rust and corrode

I just had this happen with one of my Z32s i pulled from the junk yard, they looked fine but two of the pistons were corroded

Pull the pistons out and check them