PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET problem after BOV

jing
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
I have a custom IC setup and the other day I got a flange welded onto the hot pipe for my SSQV. This required my hot pipe to be removed and re-installed.

Once I got my BOV installed, I went for a drive. The BOV worked just fine... until when boosting this one time, I heard a loud "crack" type of sound, like metal hitting metal, so I pulled over right away and popped the hood. To my surprise, I saw that the upper portion of my hot pipe had separated itself from the clamp, so I passed it off as the installer at the shop I went to not tightening it properly, and so I tightened it and went on my way.

A few more boosts here and there, and "crack" popped out my hot pipe yet again. Once again, I put the hot pipe back in place and tightened the clamp and have since been careful as to how much I boost. I noticed that in both situations, my pipe popping out of place happened when I boosted anything over 7psi.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is? This never happened until my BOV was installed..

Sileighty_85
09-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Replace all Worm gear clamps with T-Bolt Clamps.
Worm Gear clamps suck.
Make sure there is no oil on the slute or pipe.

When an intercooler system has been installed long enough the slute stick to the piping helping it hold together.

fliprayzin240sx
09-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Get some hair spray, spray the inside of the grommet and then tighten it again. Also, do you have bead around the end of the pipe to keep it from sliding off?!?!

Not You
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Have the guy you went to weld some beads on the pipe. And yes invest in T-Bolt clamps, those china boop worm clams suck.