PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Injectors for stock s13 t25

knockum
09-17-2009, 08:06 AM
I've searched the forums for this and didn't find much but that's probably because I suck as searching forums. Regardless, I'm trying to figure out which way to go to get more power out of the turbo I have right now before tuning my car and I've been thinking bigger injectors might be the way to go so that I can crank up the boost on my turbo. I've heard that stock the t25s are good up to 14 pounds without a tune but I think that's probably bull and you're blowing turbos. I'm running 10lbs on the stock 370s because it's safe. Has anyone used 450s or 550s with their t25, no tune? Any problems? Prefer using 450s or 550s? Preferences on injector brand? Any other upgrades that you found to be helpful? It's either this or upgrading to a garrett then tuning the car at that point. And if there's any other suggestions/links to getting more power out of my relatively stock setup it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

lilrusty
09-17-2009, 08:58 AM
hmmm you have to get tuned in order to use bigger injectors. your ecu is only meant for stock injectors. you have to use some sort of piggyback or standalone ecu.

knockum
09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Makes sense. I was planning on waiting on a tune until I could upgrade my turbo and injectors at the same time but I was thinking maybe just do the injectors with the tune and see how that treats me. Is it even worth upgrading the injectors then tuning with the t25? i mean is the power output going to be substantial or noticeable compared to upgrading the turbo plus injectors?

Is there some standard way people go about maximizing the efficiency (FMICs excluded of course) of the t25 vs just upgrading to like a gt2871 or t28 (which obv would have some fresh injectors and a tune/retune coming along with it)?

thanks for dropping some knowledge

lflkajfj12123
09-17-2009, 11:14 AM
yea you can upgrade the injectors with a tune and make more power off the t25

but its kind of futile imo

might as well buy bigger injectors and turbo at the same time

the most important thing is the tune though

drivingtrails
09-17-2009, 11:20 AM
If youre going with bigger injectors you might want to upgrade ur maf as well a z32 maf is good.
If interested i got some 550cc's and a z32 maf.lmk

S14_Kouki
09-17-2009, 11:33 AM
If youre going with bigger injectors you might want to upgrade ur maf as well a z32 maf is good.
If interested i got some 550cc's and a z32 maf.lmk

If you get ether one of these at the very least you will need a SAFC

knockum
09-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I know the tune is clutch here and it's a pretty sizeable chunk of change, just thought i could cut a corner.

Forgive me for my tuning ignorance as I'm learning as I go but I thought a tune with a new mass airflow sensor would cover me in my air:fuel ratio department? couldn't i just tweak the ECU if i didn't get an air flow converter or is the AFC the only way to do that? are there any other options instead of an SAFC, I'm guessing no...

thanks again