PDA

View Full Version : how to remove gas tank?

TheSparo
05-02-2003, 09:15 PM
yea... my tank is leaking, so i need 2 remove it, does any1 know how? shouldnt be too hard huh? i have an 89 if it matters any, i think thats all that matters... please help!
-Jeff

knightrider
05-03-2003, 01:31 AM
lift the car up, remove the strap holding it, viola oh yea, disconnect fuel lines and such

matt_j
05-03-2003, 06:46 AM
be a bit more careful than knightrider just implied:D

theres two straps holding it up to the chassis, and the filler neck is fixed inside the driver rear quarter with a 10mm bolt, whic on our UK cars always is so seized it will shear off no questions asked. Theres a few pop clips holding on a rubber dirt reflecting strip to the back bumper side of the arch on the rear drivers...take those out to see where the filler neck routes up to the petrol filler, the 10mm bolt is viewable up there.

You have to remove the fuel pump from in the boot and disconnect the fuel lines leading into the pump, one entire strap can be removed no probs, one has a hard to reach bolt with the subframe in the way but just have a look-see whats feasible.

drain all fuel out first from the 10mm bolt located at the base ofthe fuel tank and use a jack if poss to lower the tank away when its ready, whatever you do be careful you dont bang the filler neck around, they are quite fragile and aint cheap from nissan:)

TheSparo
05-03-2003, 09:25 AM
aight, but my filler neck is on the pass. side. maybe ours is diff cuz of mine being usdm... but thanx all!

matt_j
05-03-2003, 01:54 PM
ahh i see:) same **** other way round then fellah:D