PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my s14

warauto
09-15-2009, 02:39 PM
He guys,
I have a s14 with stock struts and springs, i practially got some XXR wheels for free and since i had stock steelies that is a huge upgrade.....
anyway in about three months i will be getting some maegan racing coilovers.

For now i just wanted to drop it alot, i dont care about performance i just want it to look tucked, right now it looks like a wrangler jeep with the rims.

I cut one coil of the front springs and it gave me an inch of drop....and i want more and i dont want to cut anymore of because they might just fly out of the assembly.

I wonder how much drop would some eibach springs give me....and anyone has a picture with them and stock struts on aan s14, i would be grateful.

Mr.Bobble
09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Honestly.. just save up and try to get your coilovers sooner. Cut springs are dangerous and they blow out shocks like no tomorrow. Did you cut the bump stop to allow more travel on the shocks? I learned the hard way with the springs stuff. Just go coils man.

Enna
09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Do it right or sell the car.

s13pignose
09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
If it's only three months wait on the coils.. I would just wait for them, and not even fool with buying springs..or cutting the stock ones anymore. Also if you your looking at slamming the car I think you might need RUCA's and toe arms to get a decent alignment depending on what your definition of slammed is. I dunno I'll let the people here with coilovers speak on that. Also too gotta keep in mind how wide the wheels are and whether you'll need fender work. Last springs or coils..I wouldn't go to long after lowering before getting an alignment, uneven tire wear is annyoing

warauto
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Honestly.. just save up and try to get your coilovers sooner. Cut springs are dangerous and they blow out shocks like no tomorrow. Did you cut the bump stop to allow more travel on the shocks? I learned the hard way with the springs stuff. Just go coils man.

where is the bump stop?

warauto
09-15-2009, 03:06 PM
i understand i shouldn't cut springs....its already done. I want to blow the stocks dont worry about that either people.

I wont wait to get a decent lower, i am going to do it right, but i'm going to do the "right now" at present.

Ok lets put this another way i will get gr2's and eibach lowering springs right now, how much will it lower my car....

nismo 240sx
09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
if your going to get coilover soon and you just want it to look good and not care about your ride...cut your springs

Bigsyke
09-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Aside from the whole slamed/offset shit;

If your chopping springs, dropping your ride on OE shocks, just to get a "tucked" look on Sportmax's; your a complete idiot. Everything youve said in this thread is suprising.

You cant wait to get slammed? Isnt aftermarket suspension/coils for handling and performance reasons and/or for track conditions?

Your going to cause an accident and kill someone. All because you want to be slammed, so you chop your springs. Try driving with blown shocks, then you have to replace all your arms/bushings.

warauto
09-15-2009, 03:53 PM

If your chopping springs, dropping your ride on OE shocks, just to get a "tucked" look on Sportmax's; your a complete idiot. Everything youve said in this thread is suprising.

You cant wait to get slammed? Isnt aftermarket suspension/coils for handling and performance reasons and/or for track conditions?

Your going to cause an accident and kill someone. All because you want to be slammed, so you chop your springs. Try driving with blown shocks, then you have to replace all your arms/bushings.

Lol ok guy

kouki98sx
09-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I am waiting patient it has 4 months 4x4ing. saving paycheck by paycheck for a good quality DMAX or stance LX+. I hate my look but it will be worth it in the end.

cali_love
09-15-2009, 04:01 PM

to get a "tucked" look on Sportmax's; your a complete idiot.
oookkk :squint:

ranger240
09-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Your going to cause an accident and kill someone.

thats ^^^ the best advice the op is going to hear..

correct me if im wrong (im not) but arnt super stiff spring rates dangerous on uneven pavement/crappy roads as the tires going to be bouncing along rather than staying on the road?

J90lude
09-15-2009, 04:16 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o272/J90lude/s13hyper-1.jpg

Bigsyke
09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Lol ok guy

oookkk :squint:

Typical. Ill let someone who knows what they're talking about finish up here.

correct me if im wrong (im not) but arnt super stiff spring rates dangerous on uneven pavement/crappy roads as the tires going to be bouncing along rather than staying on the road?

You want soft springs and a bigger roll bars for street/road racing. After 3 weeks I finished installing my bushings because my rear struts blew, and tore the rubber to hell.

landins13
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
this thread is gay.modifying springs is stupid and dangerous, heating them or cutting them is a horrible idea, if you want cheap low spring, skunk 2 makes a cheap set that will drop the car 2.5 inches. honestly though. going for super fitment with xxr's is like going to a gay club for pussy

buy coils or a decent shock and spring setup. if you want the car to ride stupid low just take the springs completelly off it will be about as safe as cutting them super low.