PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME! Power window Acting up

kermit80
05-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Just to say up front...i did do a search on this...but i didn't find anyone with the exact problem as i have..

Anyways my drivers side window will go down no problem...but it won't go back up.....i have to pull it up....and sometimes when the window is half way down.....it will drop down the rest of the way.....

i pulled out the rail system...and everything seems fine...i hooked up the wires up and without the glass on it..and THEN it will go up.....

i think the motor is going bad since it cant handle the weight of the glass......

anyone think the same?? anyone have this problem?? anyone have something else that is bad??

please help....

its killing me...

misnomer
05-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Had this exact same problem. I had tried dismantling and relubling the regulator and motor, didn't help. Was going to pick up just a replacement motor, but I found a regulator and motor for pretty cheap (~$50). Replaced the regulator and motor, all is good and happy.

Junkyards and Ebay are your friend :P

Natty
05-02-2003, 10:19 PM
I would bet it is the motor. My drivers side is weak and about to go :(
My passenger side had the bracket where one half of the window meets the rail break. The motor would go up and down, but no window :(
Fixed in 20 minutes for $.44 in screws.
Jeff

TheSparo
05-02-2003, 11:56 PM
not to steal u'r thread but i too searched... and my driver window wont do anything... no noise at all, but the passenger works fine on both buttons (driver and pass side) could it be the motor? or just a loose wire... cuz someone else said soemthin about a loose wire.. any ideas?