PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Clutch pedal????? I can fix it so can you

PSI240SX
08-06-2001, 10:19 PM
I developed this problem a short while ago and was thoroughly annoyed by about the third depression of the pedal! I vowed to find the problem and cure it. I started by climbing under the dash and getting your fingers on the different clutch pedal components while you move the pedal back and forth with your other hand. There is a spring on the assembly and if you put your finger on the spring you should be able to feel the spring binding together to make that horrible squeak. I used a can of silicone spray and doused the whole assembly, it still squeaked after I had depressed the pedal many times so I didnt think I cured it but after some more spraying and depressing it finally went away for good.

drifterx
08-06-2001, 11:20 PM
r u sure? i better not use all that spray and when i step on the clutch my foot slips off and breaks my toes and end up crashing into an 18 wheeler

konkman
09-05-2001, 12:38 PM
I had that problem,  I solved it with some wd-40.  I pressed the clutch down with my hand, and there is a joint at the end of the clutch.  A few shots and its was fixed for about six months.

D
09-10-2001, 10:59 PM
I thought i was the only one with that problem. I solve the problem the some good ol' WD-40, the squeak was coming from the spring assembly, which places the clutch to its orignal position after depressing.  It came back once, but i repeated the afore mention steps and it has been squeak free for the past 8 months.