PDA

View Full Version : need some experienced users advice!

tamdo7114
09-10-2009, 09:59 PM
going to go look at a s13 with sr this saturday. im not new to 240s this will be my third one. but i am new to sr motors. if you guys wouldnt mind giving me a few pointers into what to look for when purchasing a car with an sr swap thanks. and what kind of questions to ask. thanks in advance. :tardrim:

singlecamslam
09-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Look for janky wiring, make sure everything works, i mean everything except AC, people usually skip that part. Test drive it, listen to it idle, look for smoke, ask for all the mods done, the less mods the better.

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 11:19 PM
^^Yes look at wiring, look for any leaks even if you dont see it leaking look on the engine to see if theres any oil, grease ect just chillin on the engine, test drive the car, look for smoke. And yes the less mods the better

tamdo7114
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM
thanks for the advice so far!

fliprayzin240sx
09-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Shit I'd check right off the bat...Oil pan for any dents, pop off the intake neck off the turbo/check for shaftplay. Pull the sparkplug out if you could on all 4 cylinder and see if theres oil on any of them and check for detonation marks. Lastly, listen for rod knocks...just rev it slowly and if you suddenly hear something *usually around 3k* that seems to be coming from the bottom end, I'd be wary of buying it.