PDA

View Full Version : Has any of you change your SR starter brush?

dongoesby
09-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I have a Zenki S14 SR starter and I have ordered a 95' (zenki) S14 KA starter brush. I thought it will work on the SR starter. And no, it didn't.The bolt holes on the brush does not match with the starter housing cover. And the KA brush copper brush is much more skinnier than the SR brush.

I've tried to swap over my 98' KA starter brush. And it fits! All the bolt holes aligned perfectly. However, its brush coppers are skinnier too. And my KA starter brush is pretty much worn out too.

I ordered my starter brush from Rockauto.com. It is not factory parts, and I found the part number is the same from 91-98. Does anyone know where I can find the correct part for SR starter? (factory nissan KA brush costs like $40) Any bad things from using skinnier copper brush?

This link for reference:
http://www.btinternet.com/~roland.czerny/starter.htm

s13silvia123
09-07-2009, 10:52 PM
there should be thread like from what i remember. i know theres a thread on the part numbers you need to build a SR alternator.

dongoesby
09-07-2009, 10:58 PM
there should be thread like from what i remember. i know theres a thread on the part numbers you need to build a SR alternator.

nono...not the alternator...

s13silvia123
09-07-2009, 11:02 PM
nono...not the alternator...

i said there should be a thread for the starter from what i remember.

dongoesby
09-08-2009, 12:27 AM
i said there should be a thread for the starter from what i remember.

please post a link if any of you were able to locate it, becuase i couldn't...