PDA

View Full Version : way advanced timing according to poweFC

WA_Sileighty
09-05-2009, 07:53 PM
well, got the car started. re-initialized the powerfc to the basemap.
set my injectors to 50% and .12ms (tomei 740cc)
set my mafs to vg30
went though the idle process, after it was said and done the car was idling at around 900, very stable, AFR was around 15:1, and the timing was at 15 degrees according to the commander.
while i was letting it idle i turned off 'boost control' cuz i was told you are supposed to for an sr. (Do i need to relearn idle now??)

let the car sit for like 15 minutes, then started it up. It was missing here and there (like when it started the idle learn), drove it around, the response was great and it felt awesome.

the commander though showed idle at mid to high 20s when i was stopped and idling.

do i need to relearn it? should i even worry about it? Like i said, the car felt fantastic to drive, but dont want to melt anything.

steve shadows
09-05-2009, 11:42 PM
One of the first issues with the PFC is the "base map" which is intialized in the unit is not the best in the first place for injectors over 20-30% larger than stock.

This causes some issues to get a goo idle and good start up, driveability even if you enter in the correct lag times and correction values.

The maps are also extremely advanced, often too advanced for North American octanes that are readily available at the pump etc

If your Idle AFRs are too lean I would suggest adding some fuel in very small increments to the cells which the car is tracing under at idle.

You should see 14-15:1 at idle closer to 14.8:1 at the richest.

Although I have seen some cars with more aggressive cams prefer to idle richer at around 13:1 - but this is also more dependent on overly large injectors as well.

Sounds like you should be fine. The missing might just be caused by an overly advanced or very rough base map that isnt exactly fitting- check your plugs and ignition ground for good measure and try adjusting your IACV screw for a more robust idle with less drop off- this helps a lot with PFC cars

WA_Sileighty
09-05-2009, 11:46 PM
i am pretty comfy with where my afrs are, my worry is the timing. I can get it on the dyno friday for my tune, just want to know if i should do anything to keep the car safe for driving around/on the way to the dyno.
would a re-learn of idle help? like i said, after that process everything was peachy, it wasn't until i restarted it that it was different (changed the boost controll setting while it was running for idle set, would this nix my idle learn?)