PDA

View Full Version : AVC-R Boost with engine off.....not quite zero?

jspaeth
09-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey......

I have 2 APEX'i pressure sensors........why?....because the AVC-R boost controller is better than the PFC's built-in boost control.

1) First one goes to my D-Jetro PFC.......with the car off, the commander reads -14 mmHg

2) Second one goes to my AVC-R....reads +0.04 kg/cm^2, or +30 mmHg

When I start the car, and it is in vacuum, the PFC continues to read about 40 mmHg LOWER than the AVC-R....

Does anyone else experience pressures that are not EXACTLY zero with the car off?

The PFC reading is most important, as the tune is based off of that...

It's not far enough off where there is some major wiring issue.....maybe that is just within the tolerance of the pressure sensor?

I mean 40 mmHg is only like 0.8 psi.....but it would be nice if they agreed better....

jspaeth
09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Can some people with AVC-Rs check to see what your pressure reads the next time you turn your car ON (NOT STARTED, JUST ON)...

That would be quite helpful!

Thank you.

TibDrifter
09-06-2009, 06:59 PM
mine reads -.08 mmhg right now never ++kg/cm2. its normally at 0 but some times the # is at-0.03-.17mmhg. I think that kind of tollerance depents on the weather. rember that normal atm is at 14.7 psi and it can be higher or lower depenting on the weather. i hope this helps.

jspaeth
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM
-0.08 mmHg?.......it doesn't read that precise....do you mean -8 mm Hg?

Also, I am more concerned b/c the PFC and AVC-R read different boost...ultimately, it's not a HUGE deal, but I feel like the PFC sensor is right and the AVC-R sensor is reading too high.

TibDrifter
09-06-2009, 07:36 PM
if your that worried them just get a boost/vacume gauge and compare the readings. i hate the fact that the apexi unit is in mmhg and bar units. i like psi and inmg.
or get a vacume pump with a gauge and pumo it it and compaire. I think thats what i did look time ago cuz i was worried too and i put a filter for the pressure sensor. by the way sorry i mean -8mmhg.

jspaeth
09-06-2009, 08:02 PM
if your that worried them just get a boost/vacume gauge and compare the readings. i hate the fact that the apexi unit is in mmhg and bar units. i like psi and inmg.
or get a vacume pump with a gauge and pumo it it and compaire. I think thats what i did look time ago cuz i was worried too and i put a filter for the pressure sensor. by the way sorry i mean -8mmhg.

It's okay...glad to see yours wasn't identically zero....and -8 mmHg or -17mmHg is similar to what my PFC reads....

It's just weird that my AVC-R does not read the same...it's like ~1psi higher....which is no big deal, it's just boost control on the turbo.....the ECU will take care of picking up whatever pressure in the manifold, but it would be nice for the 2 to be the same......