PDA

View Full Version : Starter Prob

-E-
04-29-2003, 08:05 PM
I apologize for not using the search button but I dont have enough time, Just to day I went to start the car but the starter didnt kick over I checked the battery but its fine so to make a long story short I gave the starter a few taps then I started the car the starter kicked over, just a 1/2 hour ago I was at the gas station samething happen gave it a few taps then the car kicked over anybody know whats up its seems that the starter is good for just a couple of starts just before I have to tap it again :confused:

Yoshi
04-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by EONE914
I apologize for not using the search button but I dont have enough time, Just to day I went to start the car but the starter didnt kick over I checked the battery but its fine so to make a long story short I gave the starter a few taps then I started the car the starter kicked over, just a 1/2 hour ago I was at the gas station samething happen gave it a few taps then the car kicked over anybody know whats up its seems that the starter is good for just a couple of starts just before I have to tap it again :confused:

exactly what happened with mine, the solenoid goes bad after a while. U need a new starter.

-E-
04-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your help :)

Bbandit
04-30-2003, 12:59 AM
ah yess. same problem here..
i really need to replace that starter..
oh i'll just wait until i can swap a new KA in there