PDA

View Full Version : PowerFC L-Jetro Question

JDMFLCL
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
So i know i know d-jetro is better but for my motor we only have the L-jetro version. Here is my following setup

Z32 MAF
Hallman MBC as failsafe
Apexi PowerFC L-jetro
Apexi fc commander

CN: can i run the apexi boost control solenoid without the 3 bar map sensor to control boost without a datalogit? since im l-jetro i cant even run in MAP mode, so i don't see why i couldn't since the apexi solenoid is calibrated for the PFC.

steve shadows
09-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Honestly I think the L-JETRO is better for Power FC users.

The PFC is just not a very good MAP based unit, especially because of the fact that the DJETRO uses TWO different fuel maps when you only need ONE direct injector map.

Haltech and even AEM are better MAP based unites. PFC on the other hand is the best solution for the money for Nissan Standalone and is MAF based but this is still great....

There is really no advantage to using a MAP with the PFC, in fact I think the PFC system works MUCH better as MAF based only.

If you want to use the integrated boost soldenoid I would consult APEX-i directly and tell them your situation. They should be able to recommend to you the free software that they now offer as well as how to connect to laptop to control the unit.

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
So wait, you cant use a PFC boost control kit on an L-jetro PFC? I always thought thats the reason they have so many part numbers for the kit, thought a couple of them were for maf based L-jetro.

xska
09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Without the map sensor PFC can control solenoid in one setting of duty and it is not adjustable with commender and also since it doesn't know the boost so it dosen't learn.

JDMFLCL
09-03-2009, 10:12 PM
really, ive heard that it works fine without the map sensor

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Well I always thought the Boost control kit for L-Jetro will come with a map sensor to be used by the PFC to measure boost.

steve shadows
09-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Well I always thought the Boost control kit for L-Jetro will come with a map sensor to be used by the PFC to measure boost.

Either way, the AVCR works way better than the PFC solenoid

But I dont like the AVCR or the Boost Solenoid,

I would use the Blitz Dual SBC, it's the best