PDA

View Full Version : cxracing turbo kits

mksue240sx
08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Anyone tried these?

Turbo Intercooler kit 240SX S13 S14 KA24DE GT35 Top Mou:eBay Motors (item 140341216912 end time Aug-28-09 18:24:53 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140341216912&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT)

Grenade180sx
08-31-2009, 10:06 PM
yes they are better then HKS. at less then a quater of the price buy it now!

S14_Kouki
08-31-2009, 10:06 PM
no more pics?? yeahhh I would say NO to that kit

mksue240sx
08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Anyone tried one?

xX5Tb0nE7Xx
08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
I have a cxracing front mount and i gotta say its really nice. the piping didnt line up good at all but when i finally worked it out it workd great

Flaco S14
08-31-2009, 11:26 PM
its a good kit ive had many experiences with the kits and it has its minor flaws but over all a really good kit! oh and very good spool with that gt35 awesome turbo!

DirtyOldMan
08-31-2009, 11:28 PM
i was thinking about this too
but might as well save up or go all out on name brand..

florante rea
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM
what about the isis turbo package from enjuku, seems like a good deal to anyone on budget.

z2roll4life7
08-31-2009, 11:47 PM
I tell you what I wouldnt Do it

kalypso123
09-01-2009, 01:34 AM
dont do it

treadstone + holset FTW

pyshin
09-01-2009, 01:52 AM
"You get what you pay for"

DRIFT-ELITE
09-01-2009, 01:54 AM
my car so far has cxracing fmic, 3inch turbo back exhaust n soon the gt35 turbo kit....

yeah the part arent name brand like turbonetics or garrett but the turbo work perdextly fine nevertheless...

there are some flaws with some of the parts ioll admit but. then again u cant expect everything to be perfect...

listen the gt35 turbo kit is freakn awesome...so far my friends and i have been testing the kit out and the only real problem we had was routing the oil feed line....other then tht the kit worked perfectly and the turbo spools great....

the car isnt even tuned its still on a stock ecu stock maf sensor stock injectors n everything...we dont even have a fpr on it or a piggyback yet...

we're using a the gt35 kit on a bone stock sr20 running 101 octane and a aem wideband and the motors a beast on the track...

heres a link to a oic of the engine...

photo.jpg on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/40401003@N08/3876786981/)

zenki.life
09-01-2009, 02:13 AM
this has been talked about. half the people have good experiences with them while the other half had horrible ones. myself knows someone whos engine caught on fire from using their ka turbo kit. go greddy. its expensive but its nice.

i dont want to hear how much more it is. dont bitch. what you buy is up to you. im just telling from experience

jimmytango00
09-01-2009, 02:19 AM
i dont want to hear how much more it is. dont bitch. what you buy is up to you. im just telling from experience

TELL EM EY!

i have there IC Piping kit thats about it, couplings and piping are good but the clamps suck balls.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
09-01-2009, 02:20 AM
man fuck cx racing those fuckin assholes sold me a ka that was suppose to be running good for $400!! Got home took It apart and found It had a bent rod!They wouldnt give me a refund or anything! Their stuff Is total crap dont buy It! None of their stuff lines up correctly or last's for a long time!

zenki.life
09-01-2009, 02:29 AM
certain things from cxracing is semi-ok to use, ie pipeing( who fucks up piping seriously) and maybe a radiator or intercooler.

however anything with moving parts...youd be stupid to buy. (turbos) they are all cheap chinese made shit.

but again. its your money. use it how you want. the shit part aint going in my car

RacerX1
09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
there are some flaws with some of the parts ioll admit but. then again u cant expect everything to be perfect...

If I am spending money on a turbocharger, especially when its $500+ the thing better work PERFECT everytime & all the time...but thats just me.

DRIFT-ELITE
09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
man fuck cx racing those fuckin assholes sold me a ka that was suppose to be running good for $400!! Got home took It apart and found It had a bent rod!They wouldnt give me a refund or anything! Their stuff Is total crap dont buy It! None of their stuff lines up correctly or last's for a long time!

and you wold know this how...youve never bought anything from cx let alone a motr....you got a motor from garen idiot not us.....why in the hell would we even sell a motor when we dont have any to sell...

think anthony think...

rb25_s13*CHUKI
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
and you wold know this how...youve never bought anything from cx let alone a motr....you got a motor from garen idiot not us.....why in the hell would we even sell a motor when we dont have any to sell...

think anthony think...

Don't call me a Idiot... Fuck you and cx racing.. The motor I got from garren works perfectly fine fuck.. And I bought a motor from cx racing before your little fan boy ass got Involved with cx racing so shut up and don't get In my shit. FUCK CXRACING BOOT LEG ASS SHIT. When I bought my motor like 1 year ago there was foud *SNIP* wearing
Cxracing shirts talking about their shop and blah blah blah

And What the fuck you mean "Us" You aren't Involved with them In any way. Just because you buy their bootleg ass parts doesn't mean you are In their Little team.

spiderlone
09-01-2009, 05:50 PM
hahahahahahhah--- omg... fucken anthony.lol.^^^^^^^^^^
and yeah,, that fucken KA was badd... and them fools.. talking about
ther 300zx... .. tell him about that too...

zenki.life
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Don't call me a Idiot... Fuck you and cx racing.. The motor I got from garren works perfectly fine fuck.. And I bought a motor from cx racing before your little fan boy ass got Involved with cx racing so shut up and don't get In my shit. FUCK CXRACING BOOT LEG ASS SHIT. When I bought my motor like 1 year ago there was foud fags wearing
Cxracing shirts talking about their shop and blah blah blah

And What the fuck you mean "Us" You aren't Involved with them In any way. Just because you buy their bootleg ass parts doesn't mean you are In their Little team.

mmm. hey mr pink.

as in i feel you are going to be pinked. enjoy the time out. lol.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
mmm. hey mr pink.

as in i feel you are going to be pinked. enjoy the time out. lol.

Doesn't matter If I get pinked or not All I've said was true so whatever.

mksue240sx
09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
So the piping is ok but may need a little tweaking to fit. Oil line feed has routing issue. Just curious about the engine that caught on fire. That sounds bad. Was that because of the kit or the engine or the install?

slick_s13
09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
i actually bought the kit...however i bought the ic piping kit and the mani kit separately saved me 300 bucks! but anyway.

if have a little basic knowledge about turbos and how to put them in, it will work just fine. my only thing is that they say that you can do it all stock...well thats just a lie....if you want to run the cheapest set up with just the cx kit, an adjustable fpr, a SAFC or equivalent, and a fuel pump (not recommended) you coud pull timing and probably run about 7psi pretty good. ive chosen all of the above just minus the FPR and add some 370cc's it works well, but im having some sputtering issues...however im sure thats tuner error... :[ at anyrate...dont forget to change to a colder plug and smaller gap cause they dont mention plugs or timing....which you will at the very very very least need.

Tantwoforty
09-02-2009, 10:54 PM
vroooompshhhhhbaaam

steve shadows
09-02-2009, 11:31 PM
With Turbos you really do GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

This turbo kit is a GREAT DEAL, however I would personally not use their "GT35" turbo.

I would sell it and put the money towards a REAL Garrett GT35R Turbo Charger. I am sure that the one pictured below is not a real GT35R

its a good kit ive had many experiences with the kits and it has its minor flaws but over all a really good kit! oh and very good spool with that gt35 awesome turbo!

Its probably spooling up faster because it is actually a SMALLER wheel that a real GT35R garrett turbo and if it is indeed BB it is probably using much cheaper CHRA with Ceramic BB which is not as good of a design. These Chinease knock off turbos usually do not last very long and when they fail they often fail very catastrophically sucking pieces of the wheel into the combustion chamber and damaging the pistons and valves in the engine.

I would ask CXRacing if they know the recommended oil pressure for their turbo from the manufacturer as well

You aren't Involved with them In any way. Just because you buy their bootleg ass parts doesn't mean you are In their Little team.

Their parts are indeed "Boot Leg" I guess you could say Because the are literally SS Auto Chrome or Ebay brand parts just re-distributed under a different name. There is nothing wrong with this but just know what you are buying and they should be able to answer some very specific questions as distributors.
I would be very wary of the turbos but as long as it doesnt have any MOVING parts and the EMS is tuned right nothing should break...

However again I would call "CXRacing" and ask them exactly what Diameter the Inducer and exducer is on the compressor wheel and then compare it to Garrett's website for the specs of the GT35R, ie the MM of the wheel. This info is on Garretts website for all GT-R Turbos.

These turbos are very specialized in nature and have very specific wheel designes, inducer and exducer spacs and are not able to be duplicated. Not to mention the cost of a REAL GT35R turbo alone is 1200 USD, I doubt that ALL OF THE OTHER PARTS in the kit are less than 200 or 300 dollars ( maybe to produce in CHINA but not to re-sell without a massive loss).

SO again, I would be wary because I will be 99% chance it is not a real GT35R turbo because this is a A. A Garrett Trademark B. the price would not make sense at all to cover the price. C. That is the reason why they call it "GT35" because GT35R is literally a copywritten name for Garrett GT3582R GT-R spec turbocharger.

For a good legitimate Top Mount Turbo kit with a real GT turbo you would be looking at 1100 for the turbo (even with a HUGE discount) 600 at least for a high quality Stainless steel manifold, 300+ for a REAL TIAL wastegate, 300-600 for both dump and down pipes that are made of real quality steel as well as another 100-200 dollars for all associated steel braided lines and fittings using read Army Navy fittings.

If anything at THE VERY LEAST don't skimp on the turbo itself. It's the one part that if it fails is sure to damage your engine, and isnt that the part you are trying to replace by upgrading the manifold and all other associated parts in the first place?

steve shadows
09-02-2009, 11:49 PM
i actually bought the kit...however i bought the ic piping kit and the mani kit separately saved me 300 bucks! but anyway.

if have a little basic knowledge about turbos and how to put them in, it will work just fine. my only thing is that they say that you can do it all stock...well thats just a lie....if you want to run the cheapest set up with just the cx kit, an adjustable fpr, a SAFC or equivalent, and a fuel pump (not recommended) you coud pull timing and probably run about 7psi pretty good. ive chosen all of the above just minus the FPR and add some 370cc's it works well, but im having some sputtering issues...however im sure thats tuner error... :[ at anyrate...dont forget to change to a colder plug and smaller gap cause they dont mention plugs or timing....which you will at the very very very least need.

A. Dont waste your time on SAFC no matter what. If you are going to SAVE all this money buying a very cheap Chinese turbo kit at least invest in proper Engine Management or you will be having cracked Turbo manifolds OVER AND OVER again. If you use a SAFC you will actually be able to pull over and SEE your manifold glowing RED HOT, which is from TOO MUCH resistance in the MAF wiring which causes the stock nissan ecu to PULL TIMING which means your engine runs hotter which in the end robs you of power and puts a lot of stress on your stock KA or SR motor.

B. Pulling timing is not a remedy to run more boost. This is going to help limit knock but scaling the whole ignition map by adjusting your base CAS Distributor for timing is going to be risky and give you a false sense of security. You need to adjust the ACTUAL cell by Cell Ignition timing map and if you are using a stock Engine you should definitely check it with a dyno to watch for power fallling off induced by knock or increased engine temps (Which is caused by reduced timing all across the board).

C. The reason why you are probably having sputtering issues is due to not properly controlling the DIRECT injector voltage of your larger injectors. You will need a AEM for KA or Power FC for SR to be able to manually mainpulate the inj setup, % corr and lag times to get your engine to operate and integrate with the larger injectors and valving of the body. The tuning in the map will immediately fix this if you have a Standalone ems and wideband

Tantwoforty
09-02-2009, 11:50 PM
With Turbos you really do GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

This turbo kit is a GREAT DEAL, however I would personally not use their "GT35" turbo.

I would sell it and put the money towards a REAL Garrett GT35R Turbo Charger. I am sure that the one pictured below is not a real GT35R

Its probably spooling up faster because it is actually a SMALLER wheel that a real GT35R garrett turbo and if it is indeed BB it is probably using much cheaper CHRA with Ceramic BB which is not as good of a design. These Chinease knock off turbos usually do not last very long and when they fail they often fail very catastrophically sucking pieces of the wheel into the combustion chamber and damaging the pistons and valves in the engine.

I would ask CXRacing if they know the recommended oil pressure for their turbo from the manufacturer as well

Their parts are indeed "Boot Leg" I guess you could say Because the are literally SS Auto Chrome or Ebay brand parts just re-distributed under a different name. There is nothing wrong with this but just know what you are buying and they should be able to answer some very specific questions as distributors.
I would be very wary of the turbos but as long as it doesnt have any MOVING parts and the EMS is tuned right nothing should break...

However again I would call "CXRacing" and ask them exactly what Diameter the Inducer and exducer is on the compressor wheel and then compare it to Garrett's website for the specs of the GT35R, ie the MM of the wheel. This info is on Garretts website for all GT-R Turbos.

These turbos are very specialized in nature and have very specific wheel designes, inducer and exducer spacs and are not able to be duplicated. Not to mention the cost of a REAL GT35R turbo alone is 1200 USD, I doubt that ALL OF THE OTHER PARTS in the kit are less than 200 or 300 dollars ( maybe to produce in CHINA but not to re-sell without a massive loss).

SO again, I would be wary because I will be 99% chance it is not a real GT35R turbo because this is a A. A Garrett Trademark B. the price would not make sense at all to cover the price. C. That is the reason why they call it "GT35" because GT35R is literally a copywritten name for Garrett GT3582R GT-R spec turbocharger.

For a good legitimate Top Mount Turbo kit with a real GT turbo you would be looking at 1100 for the turbo (even with a HUGE discount) 600 at least for a high quality Stainless steel manifold, 300+ for a REAL TIAL wastegate, 300-600 for both dump and down pipes that are made of real quality steel as well as another 100-200 dollars for all associated steel braided lines and fittings using read Army Navy fittings.

If anything at THE VERY LEAST don't skimp on the turbo itself. It's the one part that if it fails is sure to damage your engine, and isnt that the part you are trying to replace by upgrading the manifold and all other associated parts in the first place?
/thread. this is over

rps13dn
09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
DRIFT-ELITE is in no way affiliated with cxracing.....so change your headline name if you are theres is no us and we when it comes to cxracing keep it separate. the only shop that DRIFT-ELITE will claim is xo2racing godspeed and fatboy garage, before you start running your mouth remember where and who did ur sr20 swap XO2 not cx.

slick_s13
09-05-2009, 09:03 AM
A. Dont waste your time on SAFC no matter what. If you are going to SAVE all this money buying a very cheap Chinese turbo kit at least invest in proper Engine Management or you will be having cracked Turbo manifolds OVER AND OVER again. If you use a SAFC you will actually be able to pull over and SEE your manifold glowing RED HOT, which is from TOO MUCH resistance in the MAF wiring which causes the stock nissan ecu to PULL TIMING which means your engine runs hotter which in the end robs you of power and puts a lot of stress on your stock KA or SR motor

B. Pulling timing is not a remedy to run more boost. This is going to help limit knock but scaling the whole ignition map by adjusting your base CAS Distributor for timing is going to be risky and give you a false sense of security. You need to adjust the ACTUAL cell by Cell Ignition timing map and if you are using a stock Engine you should definitely check it with a dyno to watch for power fallling off induced by knock or increased engine temps (Which is caused by reduced timing all across the board)..

lol nah actually, ive yet to see anything gowing lol. also the KA24E doesnt have a knock sensor...so unless its pulling timing based on the MAF...which idk how that would work cause your hacking it with the SAFC . also there are plenty of people on ka-t.org that have this set up and run it for years with no prob. although i do want to get a BTM pretty soon.

C. The reason why you are probably having sputtering issues is due to not properly controlling the DIRECT injector voltage of your larger injectors. You will need a AEM for KA or Power FC for SR to be able to manually mainpulate the inj setup, % corr and lag times to get your engine to operate and integrate with the larger injectors and valving of the body. The tuning in the map will immediately fix this if you have a Standalone ems and wideband
Actually i have Deatchwerks injectors. they a drop in replacement...turned out to be a boost leak lol minor and fixable. also, i do have a wideband also, and im using the SAFC for correcting the fuel maps and it's working just fine. thanks for the advice though (not being sarcastic) literally, thanks. but as time increases the motor will be getting built and improved upon. it also helps that my sohc is a 90...so the compression is actually the lowest of all the ka's at 8:6:1. so with the measures ive taken i think im in the clear.

slick_s13
09-05-2009, 09:42 AM
also, i should add. The thing about CX Racing isnt that they are just the best most awesome company or anything, but when i bought from them, there was a shipping error...and they called me like the next day after finding out, and offered to send me a whole nother kit! so i have to say that i got good service on my part...also...they say that they dont include an oil return bung, but they actully did lol. the kits runs ok for me. and yes...they do have oil pressure specs on thier site. also, some of thier turbos have the inducer/exducer sizes listed, but some of them are older and dont have them. also...the oil feed is restricted already when you get it. i mean, the only things i would change/will change are the BOV, Wastegate, and the turbo itself...maybe even brace the manifold... so i mean, it's really still a good deal if you think about it. and the intercooler is pretty big, and the 3" downpipe is good no matter what turbo your running lol

zenki.life
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
also, i should add. The thing about CX Racing isnt that they are just the best most awesome company or anything, but when i bought from them, there was a shipping error...and they called me like the next day after finding out, and offered to send me a whole nother kit! so i have to say that i got good service on my part...also...they say that they dont include an oil return bung, but they actully did lol. the kits runs ok for me. and yes...they do have oil pressure specs on thier site. also, some of thier turbos have the inducer/exducer sizes listed, but some of them are older and dont have them. also...the oil feed is restricted already when you get it. i mean, the only things i would change/will change are the BOV, Wastegate, and the turbo itself...maybe even brace the manifold... so i mean, it's really still a good deal if you think about it. and the intercooler is pretty big, and the 3" downpipe is good no matter what turbo your running lol

great for you. glad you like them. :barf:

rat240
09-09-2009, 03:44 AM
hahahahahahhah--- omg... fucken anthony.lol.^^^^^^^^^^
and yeah,, that fucken KA was badd... and them fools.. talking about
ther 300zx... .. tell him about that too...
damn i dont even want to use the rad any more

lewisfk
09-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Well hell I put a similar thread up months ago and I didn't get one damn answer! Now everyone has a damn opinion! Straight to the point I called the cx and asked some questions about their products and the answers they gave were I get back with you! The same with tread stone but at least the didn't dodge the questions and theY offer some warranties on there parts! I was going to use a JGY TURBO KIT until someone told me about their injectors! So what's next ISIS TURBO KIT? Over the last 6 months a spent close to 2500 at enjuku so I guess a few more dollars wouldnt hurt! Bye the way has anyone purchased the ISIS TURBO KIT?

zenki.life
09-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Well hell I put a similar thread up months ago and I didn't get one damn answer! Now everyone has a damn opinion! Straight to the point I called the cx and asked some questions about their products and the answers they gave were I get back with you! The same with tread stone but at least the didn't dodge the questions and theY offer some warranties on there parts! I was going to use a JGY TURBO KIT until someone told me about their injectors! So what's next ISIS TURBO KIT? Over the last 6 months a spent close to 2500 at enjuku so I guess a few more dollars wouldnt hurt! Bye the way has anyone purchased the ISIS TURBO KIT?

its cuz noone likes you. jk.

ISIS is an offbrand company as well. however i would be more trusting of them than i would CXracing. really if you want to buy untested kits its the same as going to the casino. you may have absolutely awesome luck and have a great time or it may screw you over.

so it depends on what kinda person you are a gambler(ISIS) or a play it safe guy(Greddy)

and in no way am i saying ISIS sucks. they are just new so they are untested.

beeracing s14
09-09-2009, 01:10 PM
two things will happen to you.. frustrated and pissed!

Ceepo
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
LOL you get what you pay for man, you buy cheap parts you get cheap parts!!! you buy quality you get quality but thats with a price, less money in your pocket to by cheap parts, im not bashing cxracing or what ever, but dont let them destroy our to quality companies cause you are to cheap to support and buy parts from greddy, apexi, tomei, ect... just spend the money once to the right company and you wont regret it...

lewisfk
09-09-2009, 04:04 PM
LOL you get what you pay for man, you buy cheap parts you get cheap parts!!! you buy quality you get quality but thats with a price, less money in your pocket to by cheap parts, im not bashing cxracing or what ever, but dont let them destroy our to quality companies cause you are to cheap to support and buy parts from greddy, apexi, tomei, ect... just spend the money once to the right company and you wont regret it...

ya your right, but how did the other companies start? some one has to be the first to dive in! Second no one has anything bad to say about isis and its been out about 6 months or more to my knowledge! The only thing stoping me is the R&D! :mepoke:

Ceepo
09-10-2009, 02:11 AM
funny you mention isis, i just got there radiator, radiator hoses, intercooler piping and electric fans lol...

zenki.life
09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
funny you mention isis, i just got there radiator, radiator hoses, intercooler piping and electric fans lol...

piping and radiators are hard to fuck up lol. however i would never buy anything with actual moving parts (ie turbo) lol