PDA

View Full Version : Little wiring help

Tensor187x
08-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey guys just getting around to wiring up my air fuel meter in my 95 240. What i'm trying to accomplish is hooking up the "light" for the gauge to my fog light switch sorta say. I want the lights on the gauges to come on when i turn the little switch for the fog lights. Sorry if thats not making sense but it's as best as i can word it. Pretty much i want to be in control of when the gauges are lit up or not. I was originally thinking of just splicing into the headlight wires so whenever its dark outside i would just flick on my headlights and the gauges would light up, but im still a bit weirry about that. Id actually like to control it with the little switch for the fog lights.

So with all that said, does anyone know off the top of their head which color wire controls that? Which would be the power for the fog light switch? I've got everything hooked up except for this 1 wire.

Thanks!

tf_90s13
08-30-2009, 11:15 AM
i dont know the color. but a test light would do the trick. just check the plug stab it in and flick the switch

Tensor187x
08-30-2009, 11:35 AM
i dont know the color. but a test light would do the trick. just check the plug stab it in and flick the switch

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try that way! I'll give that a shot. Just thought somebody might know who has done this before.

Thanks again!

RacerX1
08-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Why not wire it to the ignition so its on whenever the key is in?

SidewayZ-s14
08-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Why not wire it to the ignition so its on whenever the key is in?

For us here in california cops will pull you over for anything.
I'm guessing the OP wants to have a switch so he can control when the lights are on and off. Pretty smart idea TBH.

RacerX1
08-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Thats ghey, maybe I should rewire mine...probably not though

tf_90s13
08-30-2009, 04:13 PM
i wired mine into my radio light, that the fastest place i found with a test light.