b&m oil cooler
vortech 8:1 fmu
walboro 255
aem guages air/fuel, oil press,boost all digital
synapse bov
ebay intercooler
taylor battery relocation
and a greddy ti-c

all i really wanna know is will i be able to run fine with the stock ecu cuz im broke lol and what are my power limitaions
i plan on staying 7lbs till i save up for my aem standalone
and what can i expect from this ka24det setup

this will be my daily driver car and i hope on running this car for a lil over a year

kandyflip445
08-28-2009, 08:28 AM
/facepalm......

No, wait to put everything on until you have all the parts. And why the hell are you getting an AEM when you're using a FMU and a bunch of other cheap crap?

Get rid of the FMU. Buy bigger injectors, like the 370cc's from SR's. Buy a AEM if you want, nothing wrong with them. You have other cheaper options too.

Go to KA-T.org - The Home of 1000+ whp/7 sec Turbo KA's (http://www.ka-t.org) and check it out.

hOngsterr
08-28-2009, 10:23 AM
interesting.

KrazyS13
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Another perfect example of why the KA has such a bad rep being a turbo motor..... If people boosted these motors the right way, we wouldnt hear so many bad things about them being boosted!

FYI, doing shit the right way the first time ALWAYS saves money....

smink
08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Another perfect example of why the KA has such a bad rep being a turbo motor..... If people boosted these motors the right way, we wouldnt hear so many bad things about them being boosted!

+1 well put

s13shifter
08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Heyy guys stop being so harsh
I really didn't want to throw cheap shit into the car but I kinda had no choice
When I doo go aem I am getting bigger fuel injecters

Getting rid of the bs t25 and getting the gt28r
But I have another ka build that will be starting after my car is back and running and that
Will be a fully built motor
Also I'm putting in the vq35hrTT in a 91 hb

Just asking some help imma newb to this
You gus said that it'll be another ka giving it a bad rep
Why???
And some info please parts sugesation ext ..
Thx

projectRDM
08-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Why don't you have a choice? Do you have to turbo the car? Who's holding a gun to your head? Sounds like you want to turbo it, which is fine, but you obviously have no clue what you're doing. Going ahead with your plan will net you more downtime after you damage the engine with a janky setup. An FMU is only go to about 5psi anyway and is a shitty ass way to provide fuel.

And why did you buy a T25 if you planned on a GT28R later? Why buy shit twice? Saving the money the first time would net you the parts you want. That makes no sense.

Leave the car alone. Buy the correct parts, including injectors and some form of management, then turbo it.

There is a ton of well versed, detailed information if you actually bother to research. Getting an itch for speed is no excuse for being a moron.

zorak
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
This thread hurts me.

Just keep the stock motor sell EVERYTHING you just bought.

DALAZ_68
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
/facepalm......

No, wait to put everything on until you have all the parts. And why the hell are you getting an AEM when you're using a FMU and a bunch of other cheap crap?

Get rid of the FMU. Buy bigger injectors, like the 370cc's from SR's. Buy a AEM if you want, nothing wrong with them. You have other cheaper options too.

Go to KA-T.org - The Home of 1000+ whp/7 sec Turbo KA's (http://www.ka-t.org) and check it out.

Heyy guys stop being so harsh
I really didn't want to throw cheap shit into the car but I kinda had no choice
When I doo go aem I am getting bigger fuel injecters

Getting rid of the bs t25 and getting the gt28r
But I have another ka build that will be starting after my car is back and running and that
Will be a fully built motor
Also I'm putting in the vq35hrTT in a 91 hb

Just asking some help imma newb to this
You gus said that it'll be another ka giving it a bad rep
Why???
And some info please parts sugesation ext ..
Thx

Why don't you have a choice? Do you have to turbo the car? Who's holding a gun to your head? Sounds like you want to turbo it, which is fine, but you obviously have no clue what you're doing. Going ahead with your plan will net you more downtime after you damage the engine with a janky setup. An FMU is only go to about 5psi anyway and is a shitty ass way to provide fuel.

And why did you buy a T25 if you planned on a GT28R later? Why buy shit twice? Saving the money the first time would net you the parts you want. That makes no sense.

Leave the car alone. Buy the correct parts, including injectors and some form of management, then turbo it.

There is a ton of well versed, detailed information if you actually bother to research. Getting an itch for speed is no excuse for being a moron.

im just gonna sit back and enjoy my popcorn... :drama:

s13shifter
08-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys for the heads upp
I'm selling a 240 soo with that money I'm going to be getting the aem and fuel injectors and redo
My fuel management.
I got a bunch of parts to be sold so hopefully ill make the money off that and upgrade my turbo
Thx

s13shifter
08-28-2009, 01:21 PM
With the aem setup
Wats the most I will be able to boost and
What are hp ranges with out blowing the motor with stock internals and a good tune

kandyflip445
08-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Depends on a few things. Turbo size, injectors, how good your tune is... you really should do some research into turbos and particularly the ka-t side of things before you dive in.

Most people agree that for the street and with a good tune, on a stock block the piston ring lands usually go around the 300-350whp mark. Though there have been a few that have gone WELL above that with good tuning. After that the rods usually bend around the 400-450whp mark IIRC.