PDA

View Full Version : ka24de knock sensor

NotoriouS14
08-26-2009, 11:39 PM
I need to replace my knock sensor. I wanted to know if not have a working sensor creates a knocking sound that you can hear when the car is in idle..
help answering this question would be helpful..thanks

Forge_55b
08-26-2009, 11:41 PM
No, a knock sensor lets you know if your car is knocking by throwing up a CEL. It does not keep the car from knocking.

s13silvia123
08-26-2009, 11:42 PM
LOL this thread is funny LOL

CrimsonRockett
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Have you checked to see if you have a broken exhaust manifold stud?

Specifically the one right next to the distributor.

Very common problem.

Broken stud creates a knock-like sound(which is just an exhaust leak) and causes the check engine light to go off(knock sensor code).

Brother's S14 has this exact same problem.

Just need to drill out the broken stud and replace it with a new one.

Problem solved.

Tantwoforty
08-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Have you checked to see if you have a broken exhaust manifold stud?

Specifically the one right next to the distributor.

Very common problem.

Broken stud creates a knock-like sound(which is just an exhaust leak) and causes the check engine light to go off(knock sensor code).

Brother's S14 has this exact same problem.

Just need to drill out the broken stud and replace it with a new one.

Problem solved.

hey i have a knock cel AND a broken stud near the dizz. dope, prob is probably solved!

irritatedmax
08-27-2009, 07:44 AM
No, a knock sensor lets you know if your car is knocking by throwing up a CEL. It does not keep the car from knocking.

this ^.

also, check what crimsonrockett posted. it is always worth it to try cheap fixes before throwing parts at the car.

NotoriouS14
08-27-2009, 11:11 AM
oright thanks, ima check that out today. i appreciate the help.
i asked this question because yesterday i took of the infamous timing chain guard..when i took the valve cover and saw the first peaice i was shocked..it was totally loose and effed up..the metal plate was sccrrrraaatcchhhed up..the start up is less noisy..thank god..props to nicoclub on that one....
but..i wish my KA was less noisy...oh well..
i will try out what crimson rocket said..