PDA

View Full Version : Staged upgrades?

DSC
09-19-2001, 09:53 PM
I was checking out the stages for the s14 here http://www.zilvia.net/pages/specs/stage91240.asp and it was pretty lacking. Anybody know of another list of stages (w/out NOS) or can anybody tell me what you think is good or what you did? And where do suspension mods come in? Before or after HP mods?

LanceS13
09-19-2001, 10:26 PM
That's just considering the motor, not the whole car.  What you do to the car as a whole and when you do it is really just whereever you're priorities are.  As for me, I initially wanted some more top end...and then it was on to the suspension/handling b/c I autox whenever I can.  I also like a few tasteful cosmetic pieces.
So I guess my personal stages would be:
stage 1:  exhaust, rims, and tires (done)
stage 2:  adj. struts, performance/lowering springs, and f/r strut tower bars (done)
stage 3:  rear sway bar
stage 4:  intake and heat shield
stage 5:  new paint, spoiler, and 180SX tails
stage 6:  header
stage 7:  cams
stage 8:  rebuilt motor (honed manifold, high comp pistons, ecu, etc.) BIG $$$$$
stage 9:  2010 BMW M3 S/C :biggrin:

Just figure out what you want to accomplish with the car, and research mods and make up some sort of schedule that will allow you reach your ultimate goal in a few (or several) productive steps.  My goal is a peppy n/a cone dancer, whereas yours might be a high-boost 1/4 mi. monster.