PDA

View Full Version : Another issue, struggling SR

Adeadcurrent
08-25-2009, 04:45 AM
So I'm out and about doing my thing today and as I get on the on ramp I step on it and I hear the turbo spin up and then it seems like it is struggling.

Like something is holding it back. Now, when I lightly tap the gas and keep it down a bit the car get's up to speed, but once I get on it it is like it's choking on itself.

I checked for leaks and I didn't see anything. I filled up on gas and tried that theory again. I'm fucking lost. Halp plz.

Adeadcurrent
08-25-2009, 05:22 AM
I'll check O2 sensors and plugs tomorrow. Will keep everyone informed.

clark
08-25-2009, 07:11 AM
what do you mean struggling?

are you saying it's not spooling fast???

take off the turbo inlet tube (the wide rubber hose that connects your MAF to the turbo inlet). take off the elbow also. see if you can spin the turbo with your fingers. it should spin freely like a draidel that you made out of clay.

if not, your turbo is fucked. and needs to be rebuilt.

fliprayzin240sx
08-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Check for boost leak, then check your timing and spark plugs first...

Adeadcurrent
08-25-2009, 01:11 PM
what do you mean struggling?

are you saying it's not spooling fast???

take off the turbo inlet tube (the wide rubber hose that connects your MAF to the turbo inlet). take off the elbow also. see if you can spin the turbo with your fingers. it should spin freely like a draidel that you made out of clay.

if not, your turbo is fucked. and needs to be rebuilt.

No it spools up, but once it gets to a certain point it struggles. Like it wants to go, but something is holding it back.

nissandr1ft
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Fuel Filter? Fuel Pump? Mine ran fine under partial throttle, but fell on its face anytime I went WOT.

Adeadcurrent
08-25-2009, 02:34 PM
See that's what I'm wondering. But it was fine before up until now. Hmm.

fcdrifter20
08-25-2009, 04:07 PM
check timing. make sure ur cas want loose. check plugs too

ford_o
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
check fuel system something could be clogging the sock or fuel filter

epics13
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
could be a boost leak, mine left like this after my sidemount coldpipe came out of the coupling a little bit.

Adeadcurrent
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Changed the fuel filter and nothing improved. This morning I pulled the 1 and 2 plugs and oil was all over them.

Soooo...going to replace the valve cover gasket and spark plug wire orings and plugs.

I hope this fixes it and this isn't blow by. Will let you know in a few days when the parts get here if it's fixed.

Adeadcurrent
08-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Well that didn't help.

Could a fuel pump just go out and start acting like shit?

I'm at a loss. I though the new plugs would fix it since the others looked fouled and covered with oil.

Jesus christ, any ideas? I have a walbro on the way, but I don't know if that will fix it.

In the mean time I'm going to make a boost leak tester.