PDA

View Full Version : RB20 problem

JDM671
08-23-2009, 09:35 PM
My rb idles high at 3k. And I also found out that my ecu is not giving signal to the maf. I opened the ecu and it looks fine. Nothing is burned out. No marks of whats so ever. Should I change my ecu? or Could I some how wire something to make it get a signal? lmk getting frustrated. Car cant rev pass 4k and when it is warmed up the idle drops up and down.

Lozer
08-23-2009, 10:10 PM
is your maf functional? are you sure it's for the rb (green tag)
are you using the original harness for the maf (shielded cable wrap)
your ecu is probably ok it sounds like your maf is dead or not sending sig

at isle it should be showing around 1.1V at the ecu connector

do a search for the ecu pin out and test at the ecu.

also pop the cover and make sure the connector is still soldered to the sensor (dont ask how i know)

JDM671
08-24-2009, 12:24 AM
is your maf functional? are you sure it's for the rb (green tag)
are you using the original harness for the maf (shielded cable wrap)
your ecu is probably ok it sounds like your maf is dead or not sending sig

at isle it should be showing around 1.1V at the ecu connector

do a search for the ecu pin out and test at the ecu.

also pop the cover and make sure the connector is still soldered to the sensor (dont ask how i know)

yeah I checked for the 1.1v on my ecu. im getting nothing. Also im using a n60 maf. Everything is wired correctly: solid with solid, black with black, etc. I guess I need to change ecu. Also still wondering about the weird idle problem when its done warming up. It jump idles. Idk if its the maf thats doing that because its not working or it could be something else. Its hard I need to fix this maf problem first X_X

foreverdark
08-24-2009, 12:28 AM
when did you get an rb???

eh?
08-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Are you getting good input voltage and ground at the maf?

Lozer
08-24-2009, 11:35 AM
is the n60 tag green or purple? if purple u need a safc to convert it.

that would be the problem right there.

the idle fluctuation might be your iac (idle air controller) not being adjusted. it's on the intake manifold and there is a slotted screw adjuster i think i have mine about 3 turns out or so

deal with the maf first it may take care of the other problem too.