PDA

View Full Version : 1995 240sx power window problem

oscarsx
08-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey guys whats up, alright so my driver's side window has been acting up for a while now, and just last week it stopped working all together. So i have been searching all over zilvia and other websites about this issue, First i read that my amp fuse could be the problem, so i went down to my local junkyard and picked a few up off some Q45, that didnt seem to work, i brought 2 home that day and the odds of those 2 amp fuses being busted is very low. I also ran straight power to my window motor and it seem to move... so now my question is what else can go wrong? Also my windows driver side switch is broken, it has hardcore play.. anyway to try out my switch to see if its bad? any advice about this problem would be awesome!! Thanks guys:bigok:

gijoe69
08-21-2009, 03:09 PM
replace the White Box inside the door that is the Window Amplifier..

AMPLIFIER ASSY-AUTO POWER WINDOW - 240SX (S14) 1995-1998 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com (http://www.courtesyparts.com/28515x-amplifier-assy-auto-power-window-240sx-s14-1995-1998-p-135756.html?cPath=3690&)

oscarsx
08-21-2009, 03:12 PM
??
did you read the post? lol

i replaced it a couple of times with no success.

projectRDM
08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Learn what in hell you're talking about first.

Window amplifier. There is no such thing as an amp fuse in the window system.

Have you bothered to follow the FSM's diagnostics?

Check output from the switch.
Check input to the amplifier.
Check output from the amplifier.
Check input to the motor.

There's nothing else. One of those will tell you what's wrong.

omgRWDgoodness!
08-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Man, this really helps me. My windows decided to not work at all about a month ago and now my A/C has taken a sh*t on me so I need to fix one or the other FAST.
I already checked the amp and my switch looked fine, so looks like I'm left with checking the motor.

1ZlowZ
08-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Do this.

How does one check all of this stuff.

projectRDM
08-21-2009, 05:20 PM
How does one check all of this stuff.

By using their fucking brain. I know I've typed it out on here a dozen times, the FSM has it clearly written up, and I'm sure there's a ton of other diagnostics procedures online. But that would be too easy I suppose, to just go find it yourself.

If you don't know how to diagnose electrical problems, don't. Let someone with a brain and a clue do it for you. Asking how to makes it clear you don't know what you're doing. Anyone who's ever worked on anything electrical in a car can clearly understand my steps. It's not rocket science.

1ZlowZ
08-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Well don't be a fucking dick, this thread is already started. Instead of insulting you could have just posted up the fucking answer.

oscarsx
08-21-2009, 08:31 PM
I still think you could of said it a little nicer, but hey if you want to be the 35 year old E thug its fine with me!

thanks for the help jackoff, tell the wife i said HI!!

DALAZ_68
08-21-2009, 08:50 PM
By using their fucking brain.

i stand corrected....this....made my day :rofl:

GunmetalSR
08-21-2009, 09:03 PM

AMPLIFIER ASSY-AUTO POWER WINDOW - 240SX (S14) 1995-1998 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com (http://www.courtesyparts.com/28515x-amplifier-assy-auto-power-window-240sx-s14-1995-1998-p-135756.html?cPath=3690&)
they can bite a dick for that price
just yank one out of an s13 or s14 that works and see if thats the problem
i know u changed it twice but still give it a shot bc iu did get them from a junk yard

omgRWDgoodness!
08-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok so I just typed up an entire how-to on removing your door panel. After typing a paragraph and a half for 15 minutes and then accidentally erasing it, I'll make it simple this time.

1) Remove the 3 screws on the bottom of the door panel
2) Remove the screw in the door latch well
3) Pop plastic cap in door handle/grip and remove that screw
4) Pop the round plastic plug at the rear of the door panel, near the top
5) Unclip the connectors from under the window switch tray

Note: On the underside of the window switch tray will be the aforementioned white box, which is your window amp. Take this apart if you wish to inspect it.

6) Grasp the bottom of the door panel and start pulling outward firmly
*be careful not to break the shit out of your door panel!!
7) Once the panel feels loose, pull up and out and it comes off.

Once your door panel is off you can check out all the wiring and the window motor inside the door.

Don't worry about the veterans like projectRDM, they've just been around the block a few times so they've seen a lot (if not everything). Shit with 12,000+ posts to his name, I bet he's seen this at least a couple hundred times!

projectRDM
08-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Well don't be a fucking dick, this thread is already started. Instead of insulting you could have just posted up the fucking answer.

Why? I've posted up the answer before. Plus I gave the exact source to go to for my answer if you couldn't find it through a search, but something tells me you didn't even bother to do that. Why spoonfeed a lazy, worthless fuck like you? Do you steal test answers off of the kids behind you in class too? Even without an FSM or any details as to what steps to follow, anyone with a decent background in electrical work can look at a switch, amplifier, and motor and determine the flow of current through the circuit. So as I said, if you can't do that, maybe you don't need to bother trying to diagnose anything, let someone with a brain do it for you. You've already proven you're too lazy to find an answer, so you must also be too lazy to fix the problem too.

I still think you could of said it a little nicer, but hey if you want to be the 35 year old E thug its fine with me!

thanks for the help jackoff, tell the wife i said HI!!

I'm not an e thug. I'm a knowledgeable, well versed Nissan mechanic who gets tired of typing the same thing over and over again just because people like you are too lazy to go find it. As I told dipshit above you, you're clearly not able to put forth the effort to diagnose it by finding the steps to do so, so you're certainly not able to actually fix it either.

And I'm not married. But I appreciate your concern. You can though tell your gerbil that '1ZlowZ' says hi.

blitzsti22
08-26-2009, 12:18 PM

to op i had the same issue you where having and this solved the problem.

aznsk8rboi87
08-26-2009, 02:43 PM
im having trouble locating my window amp in the driver door. i took apart the door and i dont think i have one under the window switch tray? what is the door supposed to look like after the interior panel is taken off?

DALAZ_68
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
im having trouble locating my window amp in the driver door. i took apart the door and i dont think i have one under the window switch tray? what is the door supposed to look like after the interior panel is taken off?

shits and giggles...

what year is ur car?

cIutchkick
08-26-2009, 02:59 PM
hay projectRDM because of people like you we are creating a society that cant help themselves. this guy is simply trying to fix the job on his own. did you learn what 1+1 was without someone telling you? no... i'm sorry schools especially in california, do not have the money to have shop class to teach us. so with that said, when you have arthritis in your finger and you cant fix your own shit. don't blame the world because people dont know how to do shit, b/c the people that are your age that should be teaching failed us.

oscar if you need help pm me

DALAZ_68
08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
i'm sorry schools especially in california, do not have the money to have shop class to teach us.

WTF are you talking about, my old high school had/has shop class...and yes im talking about an L.A.U.S.D. public school...dont spout off things like that if u dont know all the fact... MIND you, most people are better learners by doing, let him take it apart and figure it, out, if he needs Torque specs to put shit together FSM or google should be more than enough...there very little that isnt typical in the 240 comunity, doing a clutch job isnt one of them...

shit happens, his shit blew up, im pretty sure he's man enough to figure most of it out...

cIutchkick
08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
we have 14 high schools here only one has a shop. but as far as the rest of your comments dalaz i agree, but doesnt mean i cant answer questions without going off.

DALAZ_68
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
we have 14 high schools here only one has a shop. but as far as the rest of your comments dalaz i agree, but doesnt mean i cant answer questions without going off.
you have no reason to go off on him, uve been here since 08...which to me tells me your way fucking younger than he is...

hes been here since 0 fucking 2, do you know how many times hes had to repeat the same fucking answer to lazy fucks in over that time period? guess what, neither does he...id be frusterated if i kept seeing the same stupid questions on a daily basis when a simple search and patients to read would have gained u the knowledge being asked and then some...

do a simple google search of "white smoke'', and see how many thread on this forums there are about the same shit, that, torque specs, sohc to dohc, etc... and ull see why he gets fed up when theres already that much out there for people to take an extra minute to look for...

incase ur to lazy to do it here

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=s13+white+smoke&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

and just to prove to u how fucking lazy he was

simple ''s14 power window'' search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=s14+power+window&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

wow... amazing what the internet can do...

cIutchkick
08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
you guys amaze me. if u dont want to help the guy why even answer? so because i have been here since 08, i cant answer a guys question b/c the other dousche bag thats been here since 02 wont. amazing... ok so, hypothetically speaking a 1st grade teacher gets asked by a student what is 1+1. you think the teacher is going to blow off the kid and tell the person to look it up? no. year after year, kid after kid, you give the same answer. if your going to be a tool about helping those that are looking for help then dont answer. if it was someone that just wants the answer its differnt. this guy simply is asking for help so he can do it himself.

DALAZ_68
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
you guys amaze me. if u dont want to help the guy why even answer? so because i have been here since 08, i cant answer a guys question b/c the other dousche bag thats been here since 02 wont. amazing... ok so, hypothetically speaking a 1st grade teacher gets asked by a student what is 1+1. you think the teacher is going to blow off the kid and tell the person to look it up? no. year after year, kid after kid, you give the same answer. if your going to be a tool about helping those that are looking for help then dont answer. if it was someone that just wants the answer its differnt. this guy simply is asking for help so he can do it himself.

your hypothetical situation fails in many ways

1. A 1 year doesnt know how to google... hes obviously not 1...

2. im not sayin u cant answer his question, u need to see ProjectRDM's point of view

3. ProjectRDM is not a teacher

He's givin the info prior mor than once and hes no the only, when u can search, and not be a typical lazy fuck, u are better for it...

im pretty sure if u had to repeat the same shit over and over, and u wernt getting paid for it, it be pretty fucking frustrating...

projectRDM
08-26-2009, 10:17 PM

1) Capitalization
2) Punctuation
3) Grammar

Try those three first so I can read what in fuck you wrote, then I'll reply. Right now all I see is a big run on sentence of garbled letters. And you're 26? Are you sure you don't mean 6?

ReLiC
08-26-2009, 10:55 PM
you have no reason to go off on him, uve been here since 08...which to me tells me your way fucking younger than he is...

hes been here since 0 fucking 2, do you know how many times hes had to repeat the same fucking answer to lazy fucks in over that time period? guess what, neither does he...id be frusterated if i kept seeing the same stupid questions on a daily basis when a simple search and patients to read would have gained u the knowledge being asked and then some...

It's not RDMs obligation to answer.
How hard is it to just let the thread die. The op will resort to actually searching if there are no responses.

I don't know why RDM has to bust his brain out, trying to make the young crowd do things for themselves. In the long run you do teach them a lesson, but i'm sure that's not RDMs reasoning for doing so.

But this is the internet and you could do whatever you want. So if you want to yell at kids through the net, go ahead.

Pacman
08-30-2009, 12:45 AM
You can always tell the new peeps. When RDM comes in and 'keeps it real', the new guys get all offended. When that shit happens to me, I take it with a grain of salt and get off my ass and do a little homework.

And in first grade, we don't have calculators to tell us what 1 + 1 is. There isn't a big book of answers per say that says exactly what 1+1 is. The search feature is the big book of answers. When that fails, then ask, or PM so you don't look like such a dumbass.

Its all funny now.

fliprayzin240sx
08-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Fuck, some people need to get some thicker skin in here. If you get butt hurt over what somebody told you in the internet, please go off yourself now before you get homicidal.

You got your answer as far as what to check for, use the FSM to get the steps on how to. FSM is the first mod you should get for an S-chassis before you buy anything else.

Shadowhunter
08-30-2009, 06:00 AM
Pointless flame war.Keep it on topic.

monsta_civic
08-30-2009, 02:12 PM
MASTER SWITCH imo if that isnt getting the proper ground then thats your problem

VQMaxFan
08-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Wow i don't even know what to say. ProjectRDM is the shit, fuck all you guys that are my age and so fuckin dumb you cant even take off your own door panel NOR the ability to diagnose an electrical problem with the proper procedure typed out to you. And then you go cry about "the young crowd needs help." GTFO.

hakunamatasha
06-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Isn't the point of these threads to help people? I know it may get irritating to repeat yourself, but damn, break it to us gently lol

You have a point though. I'm just a chick who doesn't know much about cars or electric stuff, but today I managed to learn how to remove my door panel, and troubleshoot my power window problem all by myself, and managed to figure out what the problem was. Don't be afraid to do some research ppl. Google and youtube are powerful tools if you want to learn about anything. It can save you some money if ur a brokeass DIY'er like me lol.

So I was having the same exact problem. My driver window stopped working but my passenger side works. Opened up the switch part and discovered the actual button had a broken part but when I manually moved the lever inside with my finger, I noticed a clicking noise coming from this "white box" that now because of this thread I see is called a window amplifier. (Thanks) I assume this is also my problem considering my window cannot be moved by hand which means its probably not a mechanical problem. Headed to the junkyard tomorrow to see what I stumble across. Thanks for the info.

Kingtal0n
06-16-2012, 08:11 AM
so much anger! /suicide

FWIW:
My 1995 240sx driver window stopped working. Without even touching a computer, I took the switch apart, and found that a bit of soldier had broken a terminal from off the board. I just soldiered it back together... and it works again.

Do not let it AUTO-DOWN all the way! That is what fries them, iirc, the AUTO-DOWN function gets stuck and it heats up the board and thats what broke it to begin with!

Agamemnon
06-16-2012, 11:39 AM
This thread is 3 years old. Let it die already.

hakunamatasha
06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
my window actually ended up needing a new power motor but i went to a junkyard and bought one for only $85. And installed it myself. :) yay

hakunamatasha
06-23-2012, 02:33 PM
This thread is 3 years old. Let it die already.

lol..........