PDA

View Full Version : Clutch stuck to the floor after driving bad slave?

T_wei
08-20-2009, 05:13 PM
It's been getting worse and worse. After i got a new clutch i notice my clutch sometime after driving be slightly lower than before, i just push it out with the top of my feet. It's been getting worse and worse. Im not having trouble shifting at all, just in the morning or after i drive and park the car for awhile, the clutch pedal would be literally stuck to the end with like maybe half an inch to move... i pull it out and pump it once and it returns to normal position.
I bled the clutch already and its still doing that. Is my slave going out?

xpertsnowcarver
08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you may not be bleeding it correctly. Did you install the clutch and bleed it yourself?

T_wei
08-20-2009, 06:03 PM
no mech installed the clutch, i bled the clutch.

MrFixIt
08-20-2009, 06:09 PM
i notice my clutch sometime after driving be slightly lower than before, i just push it out with the top of my feet.

I know sooooo manny people, myself included, who have this problem. Incomplete clutch pedal return. I've heard a ton of oppinions on how to fix it. Some say bleed your system again. Some say you need a new master/slave. The most interesting solution I've heard of so far claims that a tiny plastic clip located somewhere up in the clutch pedal assembly breaks and you need to get a new one. It's apparently a $5 part at a dealership, a buddy of mine showed me one, still in the little nissan parts bag.

So basically, from what I've heard, it could be due to any number of things hahaha. Good luck with fixing it though. It does get annoying after a while...

zenki.life
08-20-2009, 09:13 PM
could be a couple of different things. you just have to use process of elimination

zylvia213
08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
check that little plastic part he is talking about... if you see it damage well then that can be the problem its only $5. If thats not it bleed the clutch again. Then move on if thats not the problem.... replacing slave or clutch MC. Im not sure but doent the pedal have a return spring? process of elimination brotha

Blues13
08-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Sometimes with a aftermarket clutch, the little clutch box near the slave cylinder makes the pedal feel mushy.. take the clutch box out and reroute the line.. It should improve the clutch pedal feel.

ReLiC
08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
This used to happen on my old 240 whenever i let my cousin drive it =/
Clutch would sink waaay in, but after a few days of driving it, it would go back to normal.

flip3d
08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
check the master cyl behind the pedal.

i know mine has a slow leak from there. my pedal goes out after like 3 months until i fill the master cyl back up. theres a stain on my floor mat from the fluid :P

T_wei
08-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I know sooooo manny people, myself included, who have this problem. Incomplete clutch pedal return. I've heard a ton of oppinions on how to fix it. Some say bleed your system again. Some say you need a new master/slave. The most interesting solution I've heard of so far claims that a tiny plastic clip located somewhere up in the clutch pedal assembly breaks and you need to get a new one. It's apparently a $5 part at a dealership, a buddy of mine showed me one, still in the little nissan parts bag.

So basically, from what I've heard, it could be due to any number of things hahaha. Good luck with fixing it though. It does get annoying after a while...

HA i never heard that before ill check, is it located on where the clutch pedal pivot?

and also i don't think its leaking inside the car

S13Yosh
08-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Try replacing ur clutch damper or eliminating it..i had a similar problem. i bled and bled. i also changed 2 masters and a slave. same problem. i swapped the clutch damper and sure enough it was it. i would recommend eliminating it. much more direct feel

clark
08-21-2009, 11:30 AM
well i got lucky...my slave went bad right when i pulled into my work parking lot.

clutch pedal went right down to the floor lol. so i inspected it and there was a pool of fluid under my slave...repalced the slave and bled.

so thats' my experience.

MrFixIt
08-21-2009, 11:36 AM
HA i never heard that before ill check, is it located on where the clutch pedal pivot?

I'm not realy sure man, sorry. Try searching for it.