PDA

View Full Version : Head Gasket Prices

s13silady
04-25-2003, 12:46 AM
just wanted to know some makes of Head gaskets for the KA24DE.. 93' s13...i want 2mm steel ones...the cheapest ive seen is like 280... and thats from BYP... greddy and HKS has them for 300...my friends say im getting ripped off... but thats the only price ive been able to see.... so if you guys know of any place to get a cheap head gasket please let me know...

and also im pulling off my head this weekend just so when i get this head hasket, i could just put it on and re bolt everything back one... any pointers, tips or advice anyone wants to give me???

man i should of went SR instead of KA-t... haha jk... its part of the game... break it, live with it, fix it, learn from it... oh well..

*thanks.

mrmephistopheles
04-25-2003, 01:12 AM
Duy had a stock headgasket in his 600+hp KA, didn't he?
And since when do Greddy & HKS make KA headgaskets?

ryan hagen
04-26-2003, 05:18 PM
those gaskets are for sr i m pretty sure.. i was in auto zone a nad a perma-dry gasket is suposedly better than the stock oem ones, i would hope so because the peram was like 95$ and the oem are like 40$

s13silady
04-26-2003, 07:06 PM
can you explain to me how the perma dry ones work??
what i was gonna do it use a stock gasket, and use gasket sealant on top of that... and im only running 5 psi.. so i dont think i need a hardcore gasket right now...and if duy could run 600 on stock gasket then i could do it but not as much hp.

ryan hagen
04-27-2003, 02:57 PM
i ll be in there tomorrow and i ll ask them then, but dont use gasket sealent if you arent suposed to, it could plug up coolant holes or oil passeges and cause uneven seals, head gasker should stay flat, and the sealer would be weaker than the metal rings..but thats just my opion