PDA

View Full Version : S14 hazards don't work

Kanto
08-18-2009, 01:01 AM
So my S14 that my sister is going to give me as soon as I have some money to take care of it has a problem with the hazards. I want to use this car for the DMV test as there isn't another option unless I pay an instructor. The left and right blinkers work but the hazard button doesn't. I assume its a wiring problem. Anyone know how to sort this problem out? Or has anyone experience such a problem before? thanks :newbie: ;)

Om1kron
08-18-2009, 01:06 AM
maybe the relay is bad? if the hazard switch was bad in your car the turn signals shouldn't work at all meaning the hazards should work. So if the turn signals work but the hazards dont then it's most likely going to be the relay.

xpertsnowcarver
08-18-2009, 01:08 AM
The FSM has an easy to follow circuit diagram for how your blinkers/hazard lights work. Its cake. Just Dllll it, bust out a test light, and handle it. The first thing its going to tell you... check your fuse.

Kanto
08-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the replies. Whats FSM? and whats a relay? sorry I am a super noob. Hmm so it is an easy fix? thats good to know.

grnappletree14
08-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Fuse is blown check it by the driverside underneath the steering wheel.... I had same problem just changed the fuse and it worked

xpertsnowcarver
08-18-2009, 02:43 AM
FSM: Factory Service Manual.
Relay: Look it up as well as other electronics terminology on google.

Kanto
08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
alright I'll check out the fuses. Anyone know where to get replacement ones in case i need to change em? :-/

sidewaysil80
03-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Bringing this one wayyyyyyyy back from the dead. Similar problem, tested/swapped a new flasher relay and now the blinkers finally work. Problem is the hazards don't. If the button is pressed the blinkers won't work. The odd thing is the light on the hazards turns on when you turn the cluster/headlights on. Could it be a faulty switch or maybe an issue with the pins? I'm not too worried about the hazards just trying to prevent this from turning into an electrical gremlin...

qwerth
01-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Bringing this one wayyyyyyyy back from the dead. Similar problem, tested/swapped a new flasher relay and now the blinkers finally work. Problem is the hazards don't. If the button is pressed the blinkers won't work. The odd thing is the light on the hazards turns on when you turn the cluster/headlights on. Could it be a faulty switch or maybe an issue with the pins? I'm not too worried about the hazards just trying to prevent this from turning into an electrical gremlin...

going to dig this up again, ^same problem did you ever get it sorted?