PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Weird flickering check engine light KA24DE

JdM_JunKiE
08-18-2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/icons/ka.gif HELP! Weird flickering check engine light KA24DE
OK, i have a problem with the check engine light. first of all its a 93 KA24DE. the check engine light turns on for a bit like 5-10mins while im driving then shuts off, i did the ECU test and got a 32 which is EGR, but then again the light turns on and now it flickers like crazy when im on the go, but at a dead stop on idle its off sometimes. then when i give it gas like pass idle it turns on until back on idle LOL i did the ECU test again and got a 55 which means its all good right. can someone help me out? the car (http://zilvia.net/f/#) drives fine and idles fine...................... HELP!!! ASAP i hate looking at the flickering check engine light lol.

slociv
08-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Sounds like an alternator issue. I haven't dealt with it on a nissan but on a honda thats what happens and you will receive no code for it. I would check and make sure your alt. ground is good, the power wire is tight(be sure to disconnect your battery first) and that the two wire plug is in good shape.

jspeedm
08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
check the bulb

DreamN
08-18-2009, 05:17 PM
sounds like it's in the o2 sensor mode. you might have forgotten to turn it counter clockwise afterwards.

JdM_JunKiE
08-18-2009, 05:42 PM
^ yup i checked it thanks people

DreamN
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Sounds like an alternator issue. I haven't dealt with it on a nissan but on a honda thats what happens and you will receive no code for it. I would check and make sure your alt. ground is good, the power wire is tight(be sure to disconnect your battery first) and that the two wire plug is in good shape.

Not an alternator issue. Alternator would have both the parking brake light and battery light going on simultaneously.

240sxjohny
08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Its probably a bad sensor i had the same problem so I changed my sensor and it was good to go