PDA

View Full Version : KA help

jasonfd3s
08-17-2009, 01:08 PM
i got a used ka24se installed on my 1990 s13 coupe and everything seems to be running smooth until i try to downshift from 5th to 4th with half way down on my throttle pedal. when i down shifted from 5th to 4th, it gave me a fuel cut at 4500rpm?? and sometimes this happens in 5th gear as well as 3rd. never happened in 1st or 2nd. anyone have any idea on what the problem is and how to fix it? also i do have a brand new exedy stage one clutch, does that have anything to do with it? i just hope its not my transmission going out or i didn't break in the clutch right.

HAWAII
08-17-2009, 04:22 PM
when you say fuel cut.. do you mean the car bogged? stuttering? How recent was the install of the cutch?

jasonfd3s
08-17-2009, 09:53 PM
i mean a actual fuel cut. like when i down shifted it literally gave me the same feel when my car is topping out. another thing is that when the car gave me the fuel cut, if i press down the clutch pedal and release it in the same gear it catches again and sometimes would let me rev it pass 4500rpm after it catches again and other time it would just give me the same fuel cut at 4500rpm again. i installed the clutch when i installed the used KA. very new, under 300 miles for sure. and also the KA is from a automatic 240sx does that matter ?

91drftr
08-17-2009, 10:46 PM
try checking any loose wires i had the same problem once and it ended up being a small power wire that was grounding, everytime i would step on it or downshift i guess it would move hit metal and it would ground so when this would happen my car would cutoff

jspeedm
08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
is there any grinding or hard engagement in the tranny?

southerncross
08-18-2009, 06:01 PM
may be unrelated but a bad maf will do that, ive had one do the same thing intermittently because of a bad chassis ground.