PDA

View Full Version : Car dies after short trips

Bigsyke
08-16-2009, 01:04 PM
My ka24de OBD1 s14 started dying on me all of the sudden like somebody pulled the fuel pump fuse. It only does this if I start the car after its recently been shut off (ie at the gas station). It cranks/starts fine but then shuts off like its not getting any fuel. If I throttle it, its fine and will then idle.

Doesnt matter if its warm or cold, it only happens if I try to start the car less than 3 minutes after its been recently shut off.

Ive replaced just about everything but the fuel rail/injectors, however I would assume if the injector seals are shot, it wouldnt even fire up.

Brand new walbro 255
New tune up, the whole 9 yards minus injectors.

I get no cel codes for anything except emissions.

Does this sound more like a fuel blockage, or loss of flow somewhere?

EDT007
08-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Maybe the fuel pressure regulator? It could be dropping off all the pressure immediately. This used to happen on my DSM with an aeromotive.

blueshark123
08-17-2009, 06:03 PM
try replacing the coolant temp sensor

Bigsyke
08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Most sensors have been replaced, when the car dies, the fuel pump stays on. The fuel pump pitch/hum is constant, so it doesnt seem like a loose crimp.

Im thinking FPR, which i have a unopened nismo waiting to go in.

But ive also been noticing my engine temps have been alot lower than average, power is way down and inconsistant. Tomorrow im going to bust out a fuel pressure guage and test it for leaks.