PDA

View Full Version : spark plug wire HELP

zenki.life
08-13-2009, 05:41 PM
ok. so i was pulling my old spark plug wires today when i got to fateful number 4. when i got out the 4th one i noticed that the rubber end piece ripped lose(staying inside cylinder #4). i tried sticking the wire back in the cylinder and tried to repull that part out. no luck. it in tight.so what are my options without having to pry it out with a screw driver. or is that my only option.????

93nismo
08-13-2009, 05:46 PM
nig rig a tool man, bend the tip of a screw driver right ad u can probably get it out no prob. but ud probably need a vice for that.. just pry the bitch out with the screwdriver. u could try to get a flathead inbetween the wall and the rubber part and get it out that way... but that may be bad

SoguRacing
08-13-2009, 06:01 PM
or just get some needle nose pliers and work on it then when you can get the spark plug socket in there pull the plug out and put a new one in.

zenki.life
08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
trying it all. i dont want to ruin the wall of the cylinder. still trying :/

turbotofu
08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
same thing happened to me, I had my friend borrow a tool that looks like a fishing hook, it took out the boot in like 30 seconds lol.

You can probably find it at autozone/pepboys or any store like that.

hOngsterr
08-13-2009, 07:44 PM
LOL THIS HAPPENED TO ME!
but the 2-4 got stuck and the first one came off.
how mine happened because i guess when it overheated it melted the tip of the plug to
the wire connection.

uhh how i did it,
was breaking it into pieces. and using an air gun to blow the bits out
the long needle nose way didnt work out for me
it just made me break piece by piece.

use a flat head go all the way down and to the twisting motion all around til it pops out.

haha if u want il post pics of all the broken bits.
PM lol

zenki.life
08-13-2009, 08:57 PM
turned out i rigged an easier solution. i used a paperclip, bent into a hook. slid it down beside the wall then gave it a twist so it was right under the spark plug boot, then carefully ripped the fucker out....... i then went to kragen to go return my H4s and needed a new spark plug wrench thing and right next to it was the "spark plug boot remover tool"....................fuck me. shoulda went there in the first place. oh well all is good