PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr20 gt28rs vacuum problem

1997silvia
08-12-2009, 05:48 PM
i just got done installing my gt28rs and its all good except for a vacuum problem that has me befuddled , half the time it shows good vacuum and half the time it shows half the vacuum , i can tell this by the guage and by the fact that under low boost i get turbo flutter and then the blow off valve goes off which is an hks super seq , i have checked all vacuum lines and replaced them all, i dont know if i need a dedicated one but i have one going to three, one line going to my boost guage, wastegate,and blow off valve its wierd how its only half the time

any help greatly appreciated thanks

1997silvia
08-12-2009, 10:25 PM
im thinking that it may have something to do with the adjustment on the wastegate?

turboant
08-13-2009, 10:51 AM
im having this same problem and its driving me crazy...

1997silvia
08-13-2009, 12:39 PM
any ideas turboant? i think that since my wastegate is adjustable i need more preload on the rod to the flapper while at idle or even off, i think that maybe the wastegate is staying open a little and only sometimes which is really wierd to me!!! but i dont want to keep getting turbo flutter and hurt my new turbo
any ideas???????????

1997silvia
08-14-2009, 10:07 AM
ok this doesnt make any sense to me, somtimes driving down the road everything is perfectly fine i mean i boosts fine, and blows off fine, the other half of the time i get turbo flutter and then the blow off valve goes off like a second or two later?????? the wastegate i can barely move with the car off just sitting there so i dont know that it is my problem but i wont rule it out
does anyone have any idea
thanks so much

fliprayzin240sx
08-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Wait whats the issue? Are you just worried about the turbo fluttering? Loosen up your BOV, plain and simple. Personally, I wouldnt T off the wastegate line, add a dedicated vacuum/boost source for it right off the piping.

1997silvia
08-15-2009, 09:47 AM
smart man lol i put i dedicated line to the wastegate yesterday and its all good now