PDA

View Full Version : Pop-Up Headlights Wont Go Down

Sway500
08-12-2009, 08:04 AM
I have been having this problem since the summer of 2004 when I completed my SR Swap, I'm finally getting around to checking the problem out. My headlights will pop up if I manually put them down and sometimes when I try to manually put them down they will pop up by themselves while I'm spinning the manual knob. With that being said Im assuming the motors still work. Im not the best at electronics and wiring so thats why Im asking for help. I have already done this how to fix your headlight problems: 240SX Forum / 180SX Forum / Silvia Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=280461). It did not work as far as making my headlights go down.

My question is whats next? How do I check the relays and retractor switch? I have a multimeter and test lamp.

I will be trying to follow this guide Headlights won't pop up...: Nissan Online Mechanic: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=93611)

I greatly appreciate any help you can offer me.

Sway500
08-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Ok so while I was working with them. I know that when I turn the headlights on via the switch they will not pop up. They will only pop up when I press the rectrator switch or the flash the high beams. The 5A fuse in the drivers side fuse panel was blown and I replaced it but still no change.

Sway500
08-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok when I checked the orange wire at h/l retract 4 I had the same 0V with the h/l off and 0.18V when the headlights are on. The Purple wire had 12V at it. I have no idea what or where to go from here. Please help!

Xbroke_kidX
08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
My headlights used to only come up but now down i just changed the hole switch with a different one from the junkyard and it works. you could always try that.

penco
08-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Sway500, let me know if you figure out what the problem is. I am having the same problem with my headlights.

And Xbroke_kidx what switch are you talking about replacing?

Deviousjet
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Any updates on why this happens?