PDA

View Full Version : E5 ECU on back up power, no maf signal, still runs.

TrIpLe "D"
08-11-2009, 12:00 AM
My 70k mile blacktop (stock wit walbro, HKS intake, RSR 3" dp ) has been running kind of funny for a while now.

It would seem I kept shorting out maf's but they test good. A quick fix was to unplug it with the car running and plug it back in.

The other day I tested the maf wires and got +12 from the power, the ground tests good but the signal wire, which should be +5v only read +1.2v at the most, and some times 0v.

I continuity tested all the wires back to the ecu and found no interferences.
I measured the signals at the ecu and got the same readings. But here is the kicker: I tested the power and ground pins at the ecu and found the two ECCS power pins read +0v. I got continuity between the ecu and the green relays under the hood but could not pull a +12. The only power the ecu gets is from the back-up, hard wire!?

Could this be the cause of the low maf volatge?

I know I should just go out and apply power or cahnge relays, but I would like to see if any one has run into a situation similar to this. It's rather bizzare.

The car runs decent, just doesn't have the bottom end that it once did.

bansheeracer2003
08-11-2009, 12:04 AM
u should do a res test on the wires from the ecu to the plug on the maff

check out Silver Mine Motors : Home (http://www.silverminemotors.com)

-Ron

TrIpLe "D"
08-11-2009, 12:09 AM
tested them three different times on three different days. before and after rain.

*scratches head* this is frustrating the hell out of me. I have practically pulled my entire harness apart trying to find the problem.