PDA

View Full Version : 5 lug (again)

Ade
04-22-2003, 09:45 AM
I managed to fit the 5 lugs to the front of my S13 over the last weekend, and they look cool :D

Only thing is, I cam to the rears, and I seem to be struggling :(

I was under the impression that I could just replace the hubs, and re-drill the existing rotors to suit. This leaving my current brakes and hand brake setup as it was, but allowing me to 5 lugs.

Does that sound right :confused:

Thanks

Ade

AKADriver
04-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Yes.

You can also substitute S14 rear rotors instead of drilling... might as well drill the ones you have now if they're good, but next time you replace, just get the S14 rear rotors.

Ade
04-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Does it matter what S14 they are from :confused: As my S14 hubs arrived today, but look odd :rolleyes:

AKADriver
04-22-2003, 10:16 AM
No, all (stock) S14 5-lug rear brakes are the same.

How do the hubs look odd? Are you looking at just the hub or the entire rear uprights? The hubs themselves should look exactly like your original hubs, except have 5 studs instead of 4. The S14 uprights will look very different from S13 uprights. Keep your S13 uprights and swap the S14 hubs onto them.

Ade
04-22-2003, 03:49 PM
For some reason, it looked like the bit that goes onto the driveshaft into the bearing was different, but when I got home it wasn't :) Thank god :D

Fit the hubs, and they went on great, and I also had some S14 5 lug rotors too, but when I tried them they wouldn't fit :( due to them being smaller in diameter than the S13 rotor and they also would't clear the hand brake mechanism as I haven't altered the rear brakes in anyway from standard

So I set out to drill my original rotors, and then they fitted fine :)

All is on now, and my car is sitting nic on a set of R32 GTR rims :D :cool:

Thanks for the help

AKADriver
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHH I didn't see you were from the UK!

Your S13s have the drum type handbrake. DOH! S13s everywhere else have the caliper handbrake like the S14.