PDA

View Full Version : took the car to the track...now seems slower

ApexDrift
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM
so I took the car to the track from some drifting last week and it did great!... but now it seems like its lost some power, I noticed this when I did a quick light to light with a genesis, it felts like it doesn’t push you back in the seat like she used to during spool up (or torque I guess) . The motor idles fine, there’s no color in the exhaust, did a quick once over of the motor and found nothing, boosting 14lbs as I did before, hits full spool around the same rpms, pretty sure there isn’t a boost leak or exhaust leak, at first glance the car looks fine, any suggestions on how i can trouble shoot my problem? Motor is a black top SR with 2871r greddy front mount.

Couple of things i should mention bout track day is... i stalled a couple of times transitioning from drift to drift (still learning), at one point to stop from stalling after a spin out i feathered/stomped the peddle, then i noticed a plum of white smoke around me i assume that the smoke is from the tires and not the exhaust cause of the smell but not 100% car was still running fine so off i went, did 5-6 hot laps then took the car to the pits and rested for 15-20 min then went out for another round (rinse and repeat for 5ish hours)

Sileighty_85
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
your use to the power now, Up the boost or drive a stock KA for about 5 days.

Tom25666
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
drive a stock KA for about 5 days.

hahaha +1
:2f2f:

fliprayzin240sx
08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Check spark plugs, maybe you just need some fresh ones...

steve shadows
08-04-2009, 09:11 PM
make sure your CAS is nice and tight and your timing didnt shift around under hard cornering/load etc.

...welcome to driving hard...time for a good ole fashioned tune up

wings_s13
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
^^^ great point.
did u do a comp test??
check the spark plugs and do a comp check
the worse case u could of blown your head gasket, but not very likely.
good luck man

artdrifter
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
You probably ran your power reserves dry. Your gonna have to go fill up with more power. Might as well get a liter of torque as well. :)

Kevin01
08-05-2009, 04:59 AM
boost leak?

ApexDrift
08-05-2009, 08:37 AM
your use to the power now, Up the boost or drive a stock KA for about 5 days.

nope had it dynoed maybe a month before to squeeze out some more power and lean out the tune...

make sure your CAS is nice and tight and your timing didnt shift around under hard cornering/load etc.

...welcome to driving hard...time for a good ole fashioned tune up

sorry not familiar with all the abriviations CAS????
good old fashion tune up sounds good, didnt think my timing could shift under load

^^^ great point.
did u do a comp test??
check the spark plugs and do a comp check
the worse case u could of blown your head gasket, but not very likely.
good luck man

will do!

You probably ran your power reserves dry. Your gonna have to go fill up with more power. Might as well get a liter of torque as well. :)

flux capasitor or dylithium crystals which would you recommend

boost leak?

shouldnt be...

Nezahualcoyotl
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
like it was said before maybe your used to it. car may be fine just all in your head. how much hp you got? might have to add a couple hundred more.

djcobra
08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Probably used to the power, I have the same issue when i drive the 330whp S14 for a week; when the weather is nice. When i drive my shaggin wagon for a few days then go back to my S14, trust me i feel pin'd to the seat.

umm, maybe your clutch is slipping?

Steve.

OBEEWON
08-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Its no good cap'n Im givin it all she's got.

Turbo cars are moody like a women with a chemical imbalance and PMS.

Sileighty_85
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Turbo cars are moody like a women with a chemical imbalance and PMS.

HAHAHA good one

roplusbee
08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
OBEEWON's statement is so true. I troubleshot my car for 2-3 weeks back in Naples and finally caved in and asked for help from a friend. He made that same kinda statement after we came to the conclusion that nothing was wrong. Funny though.......

fckillerbee
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
significant change? you change your oil? I notice a slight amount of power loss. especially when the car gets warm. But then again that could just be my ka. haha.

but you should buy a litre of torque. helps all those honda heads.
comes in a bottle labled NOS. haha.

s13silvia123
08-06-2009, 09:15 AM
check your wastegate if its bad