PDA

View Full Version : Carb Legal LS1 Headers for S14

kaane
08-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I am in the process of researching a LS1 swap for a S14, since I live in california and have been hassled by the man for just about every car I owned, I am trying to make a fully legal (at least at first) swap.

Has anyone got through the bar inspection in california yet with an S14? if so what headers did you use?

I am thinking most likely only block hugger headers will work, i have seen a couple Rx7 swaps with edelbrock carb legal headers, looking for some confirmation for what works on an S14.

fliprayzin240sx
08-02-2009, 07:46 AM
If edelbrock has carb legal headers, it should work for you, assuming itll fit and clear everything.

Om1kron
08-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I think the problem you will run into is they don't carb certify shit anymore. period.

Homer_Simpson
08-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I think the problem you will run into is they don't carb certify shit anymore. period.
Are you serious? "Don't certify shit anymore" as in they wont give you the BAR plate on your door sill even if your swap is in compliance? Forgive the stupid question but I've been away from Cali for a couple years. I guess those communists changed more than I've thought.

kaane
08-02-2009, 03:32 PM
plenty of Rx7's have gotten through the california bar station to get the new emission sticker. I just haven't found anyone with an S14.