PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Ground Wires

johnadams
04-21-2003, 03:25 AM
anybody read the magazine (i cant think of which one but i think its sport compact) and they installed the hyper ground wires and there was a hp gain. But also it also gives u brighter headlights and makes ur electrical system better, or so what i read at least.
Any body have any experience with these and how easy it is to install?
Thanks

SSDwellah
04-21-2003, 08:17 AM
Probably physically very easy but a pain in the ass becuase there are at least like 5 grounds on that hyper system, and in order to tell if you're actually increasing power you have to be AT a dyno doing multiple pulls testing which ground points are better on your chassis/engine. However there's no way it could hurt if you didn't optimize it at a dyno but don't expect monstrous gains either way. At best you'll probably ease off the alternator's job a little bit and rev a little nicer and freer but no huge transformation.

tchenku
04-21-2003, 08:21 AM
in short: NOT worth it, imho :D

Dousan_PG
04-21-2003, 08:46 AM
no!! ITS VERY WORTH!!!

just DIY. dont pay that much for something you can easily do yourself w/ some basic tools and equiptment and will cost you less then 50 dollars and look just as good!

RBS14
04-21-2003, 08:59 AM
It is definately worth it. My friend just did it on his S13. You buy 25' of 4 gauge wire and replace your stock grounding wire, run the others to: ignition coil, valve cover, block, tranny and some people go to the intake mani. It definately helped throttle response. I'm not sure how much it helped his headlights but I am willing to bet it did a little bit.

Dream240
04-21-2003, 10:19 AM
The magazine you're reffering to is Import Tuner, the newet issue has the ground wires in the power pages 240. They also did it in one previous issue, can't remember which one. Check the website for the power pages listings.

http://www.importtuner.com/

also, in support of the ground wires, they are a really great buy for 100 bucks. In both articles they showed a very decent power gain across the board. Yeah it's true that you need to test the wires with frequent dyno runs, but if you pick up the latest issue of import tuner, you won't need dyno runs, they've already done it! IMO I would get them, I'm actually planning on getting them soon.

Good luck

soulDistortion
04-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Is it a useful mod? Yes.
Is it worth paying what they're asking for? No.

It's something that's easy enough to make on your own, and for the price of what pre-made kits go for, you could build two or three that are just as good.