PDA

View Full Version : *NOTCIE TO ALL T25 or BOTTOM MOUNT TURBO USERS!!!***

steve shadows
07-31-2009, 07:29 PM
For all of you who are using bottom mount turbos with the STOCK intake tube that came with the original factory oem turbo.

Make sure if you are still using this big black rubber snout that the large internal structural spring is still inside of it. This is causing a lot of issues with HIGH RPM misfire or high rpm rev limit like feeling kicking in.

On larger turbos or engine with larger cams that demand more air on the front end the tube will actually collapse on itself under load causing this issue.

I hope this tip helps.

Thank you- Your resident tuner.

Z33dori
07-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Mine on 7psi started collapsing...

got my car dyno'd , and they couldn't get it to rev past 6400. on the street it would collapse at about 6k flat.... any gear I thought my shit was gonna blow. the weird thing is i've never had the part that goes inside it. Never had the problem till i smashed up the front.

fliprayzin240sx
08-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Better yet, get rid of the POS and get an aluminum pipe made.

BlitzRPS13
08-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I have the greddy intake pipe.. but thanks for the heads up.. im sure others will benefit from this information.

kris
08-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Sorry to be a dick and good info for newbs...................but that should almost be common knowledge

steve shadows
08-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Sorry to be a dick and good info for newbs...................but that should almost be common knowledge

You would be really surprised.

I have had cars that came in who had their swaps done at EXTREMELY WELL KNOWN SHOPS...

I mean like it would mind f**k you if you knew which shops overlooked that.

jamg
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I had no idea.

Can you take pictures to be more specific?

steve shadows
08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
If you have a STOCK SR swap,

with stock intake tube, (off the front of the turbo) just squeeze it with your hand.

If it collapses all the way closed then you are missing the spring.

Pull it off and go find a way to make one or make a metal pipe.

This thing can collapse just a little bit in some cases causing just a little reduction in power, either way you could be missing out on some horses up top or getting the "hitting a wall" sensation from time to time under heavy load.

this is a purely aksoms razor but something that is easily overlooked because it seems soo stupid to not be in there

rebornS14
08-26-2009, 12:01 AM
this guy has a good picture in his thread. LAST PICTURE SHOWS THE COIL.
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/274233-s13-sr-maf-blitz-intake.html

Z33dori
08-26-2009, 01:53 AM
yea mine never had that

gay

lilrusty
08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
ive always known about pipe. i have it on my s13. but weird thing is that 2 of my friends got their s14 swap at a shop pretty well known ( i wont point fingers cuz im no rat) and their guy said s14 sr20 intake hose does not use that spring. is this true?? i mean both of my friends cars do not have them but i know that s14 intake hose is different because of the t28 design on the turbo inlet

steve shadows
08-27-2009, 10:02 AM
ive always known about pipe. i have it on my s13. but weird thing is that 2 of my friends got their s14 swap at a shop pretty well known ( i wont point fingers cuz im no rat) and their guy said s14 sr20 intake hose does not use that spring. is this true?? i mean both of my friends cars do not have them but i know that s14 intake hose is different because of the t28 design on the turbo inlet

The S14 one may indeed be different, I honestly have not seen a stock S14 swap in years haha, most of the cars I work on are pretty modified with GT28R turbos and custom intake pipes, so the last couple that had this issue were S13.

It could be possible the S14 has a thicker material pipe, but it is unlikely, I would still just do the squeeze test. If you can squeeze the pipe with one hand closed then you know you need a spring or just get a Stainless steel pipe instead.