PDA

View Full Version : another sr20 bogs and dies

crimson_dragonfly
07-31-2009, 04:58 PM
hi im posting again for same question but different situation or i guess i didnt search enough but i read few.

sr20det 1 month old swap. start up fine. runs fine until i had mysterious leaks anywhere. dont quote me on this leaks as i already know and on the process of fixing it.

so i just fixed my oil leak from the oil feed line (wasnt tightened down)

then i started the car let it sit and idle.

checked the oil leak then it was gone after i repaired it.

then i was revving the car. slowly just looking at the tach. then i cant feel the boost.

never boosted. or run the car over 4k when i was test driving it.

then i rev it then finally saw the boost came up.

then out of nowhere the car started to feel strange then i let go of the throttle the car died.

i started it again and it started to have a hard time to run. then i get it run the car spewing black smoke. smells fuel everywhere.

my car has a t28 with 370cc inj.

question is since i never run the car over 4k then after i did that. is it possible that the ecu tried to recalibrate the a/f mixture? i asked my friend about it and he told me in my case that im running more air than fuel and that could be causing the bogging and rough idle then dies.

KiLLeR2001
07-31-2009, 05:16 PM
Check your intercooler piping for leaks. Sounds like you're dumping fuel into your engine without the right amount of air to back it up.

Team DET
07-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Check your intercooler piping for leaks. Sounds like you're dumping fuel into your engine without the right amount of air to back it up.
i was just thinking the same thing check your pipes

steve shadows
07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Your AIR FLOW METER FELL OFF

Make sure your Air Flow Meter is not fallling off dude.

Its a boost leak for sure or an air flow issue, same effect. same thing basically

I woudl suggest you bring the car to my shop for a diagnostic check and tune up before you beat the crap out of it.

It's ok to be a novice but SR's are fragile if you dont know the basics.

crimson_dragonfly
07-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Your AIR FLOW METER FELL OFF

Make sure your Air Flow Meter is not fallling off dude.

Its a boost leak for sure or an air flow issue, same effect. same thing basically

I woudl suggest you bring the car to my shop for a diagnostic check and tune up before you beat the crap out of it.

It's ok to be a novice but SR's are fragile if you dont know the basics.

thanks for the help. wish i can bring my car all the way down to L.A.

i double checked my maf if thats what you meant. but what u mean by falling off?

car is equipped with

intake
downpipe
370cc
walbro fuel pump
and a t28

steve shadows
07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
as in literally that air is getting into the engine PAST the maf location

LIMP Mode for SR will not allow the car to rev past 2K and will not allow you to put under continued load, in many cases the car will run for a few seconds but as the IACV tried to over compensate it gets too rich bleeds out and dies...

crimson_dragonfly
08-01-2009, 12:25 AM
anything i can fix it?

crimson_dragonfly
08-01-2009, 07:34 PM
problem fixed.

thanks guys for pointing me out to the right direction.

boost86
08-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Was it a MAF problem?

What was the cure?

crimson_dragonfly
08-02-2009, 03:07 AM
did boost leak test blasted 90lbs psi then found the problem on one of my couplers next to the throttle body.

LOL