PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cylinder problems

normaspirated
04-20-2003, 11:05 PM
So I changed my master and slave cylinders three weeks ago. Last week, I noticed the clutch pedal started to gradually feel hard as if I had an aftermarket clutch...which I don't. Anyway, it got to the point where after I put the shifter in gear, release the clutch and press the gas, it would be slipping like HELL. I had to park the car in a parking lot because I wouldn't be able to keep up with traffic. I called my friend and told him to bring some tools. When he got to where I was, I used his 8mm wrench and loosened the bleeder on the slave cylinder. After I tightened it, everything was fine and the clutch, at first, gripped really good and fast because of the soft clutch pedal feeling. Of course, over time it would harden slowly. Well, yesterday, the clutch pedal got REALLY hard once again and I bled the slave cylinder...again. Clutch pedal feel is fine again, but I don't want to keep doing this every week. Is there something I'm doing wrong when I'm bleeding the slave cylinder? Is someone supposed to hold the clutch pedal down after I tighten the bleeder? Help! I've got a '91 240sx SE if that helps...which it probably won't.

Here's the original thread to what's been typed above:

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/vbulletin225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18870&highlight=clutch+problems

What to do? :(

DuffMan
04-20-2003, 11:07 PM
you know there are two bleeder valves under the car, right?

normaspirated
04-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by DuffMan
you know there are two bleeder valves under the car, right?

Where's the second located at? I only can find the slave cylinder bleeder.

DuffMan
04-20-2003, 11:13 PM
follow the line back, theres like a little block witha bleeder i think. I don't remember its been like a year since i've bled my clutch.

normaspirated
04-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by DuffMan
follow the line back, theres like a little block witha bleeder i think. I don't remember its been like a year since i've bled my clutch.

Are you talking about the clutch dampener box? I think I know what you're talking about. I tried loosening the bleeder on that, but it was stubborn and I thought I was going to rip it off (the whole dampener box), so I left it. I'll attempt to loosen it sometime this week with a friend. Thanks!

Dousan_PG
04-21-2003, 08:36 AM
take the dampner box OUT
bend the clutch line to go directly to the hose off the slave cylinder

DONT CRIMP OR BREAK THE HARDLINE!!

the dampner box is useless and takes forever to bleed. you dont need it

also, you adjusted the pedal height after changing the MC right?