PDA

View Full Version : New to Nissan Silvia

Rally_Focus
04-20-2003, 02:43 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm totally new to the Silvia but I'm gaining interest in this car really fast. I just have a couple of questions.

Is the Silvia still in production in Australia?

I ask this because I checked out the nissan australia website and they have a 200SX but it isn't called a "SILVIA" nor is it called an S15 anywhere on the page. And I didn't see the Lightning bolt symbol. :confused:

Do you know of any good sites that sell wide body kits for the S15?

I'm just doing some research and trying to learn about this car. Thanks!

AKADriver
04-20-2003, 03:02 AM
There wasn't a car called "Silvia" sold in Australia originally. At least not since the S110 or S12 generation (early-mid '80s).

If you find a Silvia in Australia, it's a grey-market import from Japan. Their laws are a bit looser than the USA's, it's much easier and cheaper to register a JDM car there.

The S14 and S15 were sold in Australia as the 200SX. Different badges and trim, detuned engine (200hp). Nissan's Australian site has the details.

It's no longer in production, I'm not sure why it's still on the website. They might have a few left over or something.

Rally_Focus
04-20-2003, 03:06 AM
Thanks a lot!

adey
04-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Keep in mind, too, that the silvia was *never* sold in the united states. We have NO Silvias, and NO 180sxs except for the select few that were imported from japan to be 100% track driven cars such as the signal auto sil80 and S15 silvia.