PDA

View Full Version : sr20 or kaT (have searched)

jrhgolf23
07-28-2009, 08:22 AM
So heres my delema.
i dont even have my 240 yet, but im getting close to getting it.
all of my friends are into civics and that kinda stuff and are always like "yea my civic will so beat your 240".
My real demela right now is i cant figure out if it will be cheaper to turbo the KA or if i should just swap in the SR. i will be on a very tight budget since im only 16.
ive searched but never really found the answer im looking for. ive seen vids of turbo KA's and they dont really seem fast unless they are verry heavily moddified.
so my question is, should i mod the KA, or just bite the bullet and do the swap? wich one will be faster with the least amount of modifacation?
if it has been osted before and i missed it, im sorry, but i really just want to get a pretty clear idea of wha i want to do.
thanks

e1_griego
07-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Don't worry about power and worry instead about fixing the 20-year-old hoopty you're about to buy.

Also learn to drive before you worry doing a motor swap.

edit: and you clearly haven't searched enough.

jrhgolf23
07-28-2009, 08:35 AM
trust me. i can drive. and yes, im going to fix up the car before i do power stuff. i obviosely dont want to have a shitty looking car that just goes fast. i want to put coilovers and suspension things too.
and eveytime i search i end up with things im not looking for. so maybe someone should just give me keywords to search.

ILoveJDM
07-28-2009, 08:41 AM
trust me. i can drive..

of COURSE every fucking 16 year old KNOWS how to drive. they come out of the womb as a professional driver :keke:

Driftastic
07-28-2009, 08:44 AM
how bout "SR20" and "KA24DE" lol

just read enough of the post on here and youll know what you wanna do.

However I dont think you should be worrying about a swap at all at this point. For one this sounds like its going to be your first car. Your first step should be regular maintanence to the 20 year old KA, then replace all your suspension bushings, shocks or coilovers whatever, and if you havent totaled it by then you will then know what motor you want.

I personally dont want either one. Im going RB20DET....

Practice using the search button and dont be F*ing lazy either, read a lil and make your own decision, just make sure you do enough of your OWN research to ensure its the right thing to do for you.

TheWolf
07-28-2009, 08:45 AM
this thread is headed to the lock...

the only advice I can give to such a stupid question asked by the OP. First things first. Take your "new" 240 and get it sorted out. Get the engine running perfect. The AC working. The cooling system renewed. The charging system sorted. All the bushings checked/replaced. Tie rods sorted and a good alignment performed.

Then begin to think about modifications. That alone will save you 30 posts of "why did my car do this or that." it's an old POS of a car. They need maintence.

jrhgolf23
07-28-2009, 09:05 AM
ok well thanks for the help on my "stupid" question.
and your right, i did ome out of the womb as a profesional driver. lol

jiggs
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I would just do all the maintenance first, make sure everything cherry and running good first, and if you dont know how to wrench on the simple stuff like that then a swap isnt for you yet..........

ranger240
07-28-2009, 01:13 PM
you DONT know how to drive.. youve been on the streets for less than a year TOPS GFY

if youre seeking respect by beating hondas... well theres none to be won

this thread should be deleted

rc1honda
07-28-2009, 02:19 PM
trust me. i can drive. and yes, im going to fix up the car before i do power stuff. i obviosely dont want to have a shitty looking car that just goes fast.

Why the hell not??!!! Shitty looking cars that go fast are awesome. My car looks like a piece of rotting shit, but i smoked vetts and other muscle cars at the track. When he the 1st post said worry about fixing you 20yo piece of junk i don't think he meant fix the asethetics. I think he meant make it a road worthy car, either in stock form or tasteful and safe modification.