PDA

View Full Version : (Another) Won't Idle, Missing (with a twist though)

OBEEWON
07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
SR Blacktop
264in ex cams
850cc Sards
255lph walboro
ROM is Burning ECU Rom tune
Stock FPR
Greddy In Cam Gear

I have been running on the same tune for a year or so now. The car sat for about 4 or 5 months till I took it to get the wiring harness redone and some other stuff. Drove fine, overheating but no other issues.. Took it to paint. Drove fine. Sat for 7 weeks at paint. Picked it up and took it to another body shop to fix the mistakes of the first. Drove fine. Car sat for 3 weeks.

This is where I can only say what I was told.

My headlight wouldnt come on so I had the shop check out the wiring. I turned out to be the fuse so they replaced it (I swore I checked the fuse). Car ran fine. Then when they started it for a compression check it wouldnt idle properly, it smells rich but AFR's read like 14.5 or so. Runs like its getting no air, massive vac leak or something. BUT NOTHING CHANGED.
From one day to the next it ran fine then wouldnt even idle. ECU code 55, no boost leaks, no vac leaks checked MAF, changed plugs (got a little better but same)

OBEEWON
07-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Thats what I was thinking.

SoguRacing
07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
i'm having the same problem.

OBEEWON
07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Looks like someone was messing with the values on my chips...odd...

Gorilla Unit 33
07-28-2009, 09:47 PM
This is real odd... i cant think of anything. I think you just have to go and just double check everything that could have changed to make it run like this. Check for the Vac leak, check for an exhaust leak, check the tune, etc etc...

thats where i would start, just dont throw the possibility out because it has been sitting. It could be one of those phantom things or only when its warmed up things you know?

....I'll make you a deal. Come to my put together BBQ in a week and I will let you sit your car in the same spot my car has been sitting in my driveway for the past 6 months to the day haha, until we solve the problem. :)