PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE Idle problem at start up

darkstarr
07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
So this problem just started tonight, I went out this morning and bagged the car pretty good to be honest, I have a 1992 Nissan 240sx SE, so the problem is when I start it the motor will fire up and then when it comes down to catch its idle at approx 500rpm it will just fall to zero and stall, however if I start it and apply a little bit of throttle as to not allow it to drop to idle for a couple of seconds then its fine, it drives normal and pull's smoothly, then after you get going when you stop at lights or put the car in neutral instead of idling steady at 500rpm's it will go just below 500 and the needle is twitching, I was thinking the MAF needs a good cleaning but other than that I could hear a slight clicking noise coming consistantly from what seem's to be one of the injectors but I dont know if it is normal on these cars to be able to hear the injector pulsing a little bit. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I start university in September and this is the LAST thing I need right now.

:bs:

jspeedm
07-27-2009, 02:29 PM
clean your throttle body and check for vacum leaks.