PDA

View Full Version : Strange Hesitation KA24DE S14

AxiS14
07-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Car runs perfectly fine before it heats up. After awhile of driving is where the fun begins.... 1st gear is ok....2nd gear starts to lag/hesitate as if i was about to start boosting...It kind of feels like im hitting a flat spot on my tps but then it clears out above maybe 3200-3500 rpms, but then i lose power at about 5000 rpms. 3rd gear does the same at low rpms, but 4th and fifth gear or fine.

I have replaced my MAF, Replaced an injector o ring, cleaned the fuel pump sock, replaced my fuel filter, all new plug wires (still old plugs). The hesitation is hard to explain, The car shakes somewhat as if the differential was locking up or the gears in it were clogged up, Then it jerks and "free's" itself. Hopefully i can grab some help from you guys... Things I'm going to check is the grounding to the car because it appears that im losing ground. Also maybe change my spark plugs. DO you guys suggest i compression test the engine? O and 1 more thing the hesitation gets way worse once i turn my AC on which is why i think the grounds are messed up. Thx and sorry for the length, im planning on going KA-T soon and i would like to figure this problem before. I may end up just getting another motor all together.