PDA

View Full Version : No Spark... Please Help!

Riodcs
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
ok so guys i have a ca18det and i have no spark at all and i kno y but i dont how to fix it....there is no power going from ECU to the igniter but i have power on the coils cuz i checked it...so if u know what that could be pls help me then thx http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

---The wires are fine.I had the spark few days ago but somehow one day the car didnt want to start and I found out that i had blowed fuse , i replaced it but it didnt help at all
any sugestions?
Coils packs are getting 12v from blue red wire, but the ignition module is getting the power from only coil packs but none from ecu from 4 wires.

s13newb
07-25-2009, 11:03 AM
idk much bout the ca18det but if you aint getting power from your ecu which gets it from the trigers you can check those ... cmp or ckp wat kind of ignition system does dat motor have ..... hope i can help with my newb knoledge on your motor

Riodcs
07-25-2009, 11:23 AM
hey can u tell me wat ckp and cmp is cuz i dont really kno wat u r talkin about... sorry.... just explain wat it is thanks... :)

PinkPanther
07-25-2009, 07:00 PM
crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor. I believe that the CA18det has a similar setup as the rb-series motors where there is only a camshaft position sensor and its on the front of the cylinder head. its round and right in front of the exhaust cam, you cant miss it.

Riodcs
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I think the cas is fine because when i took it off and turned it few times i heard fuel injectors working.
How can I check my ecu if it works correctly
I cant ready any codes from it

Riodcs
07-26-2009, 07:49 PM
The problem is solved , we fried ecu but with ours polish golden hands we fixed it.