PDA

View Full Version : Heeeelp!

spartanmisfit
07-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Alright, if you don't know I'll fill you in quickly about my new car. I recently traded an s14 with a bunch of kouki parts and shit for a s13 with a jdm front end, sr swap, T28 disco potato, Swat ECU, 550 cc injectors, it had an SAFC, fmic, blah blah right. The car ran when I baught it, but it ran super rich and shitty. SO I trailered it up here to Michigan from Ohio and bought an emange for it. (The reason the prvious owner said it didnt work was because the SAFC took a shit). Well the SAFC was fine, his shitty wiring job took a shit on him. So we wired it back up and had trouble tuning it, so I said fuck it and got the emanage. Well while waiting for the emanage we were going to re-wire the ecu, ( shrink wrap exposed wires, and clean it up) and we noticed the pinouts werent matching what all of the pinout sheets were reading.
This is where I get fucked. I hate electrical! So I decided to pay someone to do it. First two people seemed to say they would do it ended up finding better things to do or something. So I got a third who's done alot of work for me before and is pretty good with elctrical. As soon as he started to work on it he started cussin up a storm. "none of this is right", "how did the car work before" blah blah. So we've worked on it on three seperate occasions and finally think we finished it tonight. We also wired in the emanage as weel and took out the safc and sold it. He wanted to start it to see if it would run and idle fine. To be honest I was SCARED as shit. To me it doesnt make sense. Why would 70 percent of the ecu pinouts have been wrong and how would the car have ran?The whole time I'm talking to the previous owner and he's just telling me, stuff I know and that it ran for two years and was professionally installed, which I have the receipts for, and he doesnt know anything else.
So I went to start it and my battery was fried. A 1 yr old optima. FUCK ME! So I'm taking it to Auto Zone tomorrow to get my new one under warranty. I just wanna know, what do you guys think? To me it's not adding up right. blah!:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::ba sh::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash ::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:: bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::ba sh::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

spartanmisfit
07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Ok, so we finished the complete pinout today according to various sheets I've gotten from forums and google n shit for my 62 s13 sr20det swat ecu. Threw a p.o.s. battery in and it wouldn't start. I want to hit a bum in the head with a crow bar right now... several times.
Anyways we've decided that we're pulling the whole wiring harness out and going from there. I'm kinda outta options I think. I'm dumping sooo much time and money into this it's driving everyone nuts. Any tips would be helpfull. I cant use much of it because I hate this shit, so the guys working with me will be greatfull. Thanks.

Homer_Simpson
07-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Anyways we've decided that we're pulling the whole wiring harness out and going from there.
That's a good start. I would take the harness out, unloom the whole thing so that you'll know exactly where the wires are leading to then match them to the ECU pinout.

Get it running in stock form first then start messing with it later after you have confirmed that it is running right.

spartanmisfit
07-23-2009, 05:13 AM
yeah, that's what we were thinking. i guess it's our last resort, I jujst really didnt want to do this. It's just going to take me ALLLLLLL day either saturday or sunday.

TheWolf
07-23-2009, 08:21 AM
wait so you traded a Running S14 for a non running S13.. that has a ghetto wired swap in it and now your complaining about wiring problems. Isn't that what you bought? What did you think, that he had it done by a top dollar professional?

spartanmisfit
07-23-2009, 09:07 AM
The swap was done by top dollar professionals. The car DID run, just SUPER rich. The s14 did NOT have an SR and DID have a shit load of problems. So if youre trying to say I'm dumb for trading, well you're wrong. A damn near stock s14 for a sr swapped, jdm front end t28 disco potato 550cc injected skyline rearend kazz 2 wayed coilovered racing seated with nismo belts and much more would be a damn good trade. I don't care that I have to do this. I'm just looking for help. Thanks for your time though.

s13newb
07-25-2009, 11:17 AM
OWNED !
blha blkha

fliprayzin240sx
07-25-2009, 11:28 AM
How are we supposed to help when we still have no clue how we can help you? Your whole thread sounds like a damn "vent" thread. There is absolutely nothing worth Technical in it. What do you honestly expect from us?

You want a tip...go buy an unmolested harness and start from scratch...Its an S13 SR into an S13 chassis, thats as simple as it can fucking get. You have walk thrus up the wazooo.

spartanmisfit
07-25-2009, 11:40 AM
I guess I'm just trying to figure out if there's any other possiblitites. That's why I explained soo much. For it to "run" with the pinouts wrong is not funny to you? When we did the pinouts according to what every sheet find says to do, the car wont start. So I guess I have to buy a new harness or pull mine out and go through them one by one.

fliprayzin240sx
07-25-2009, 11:54 AM
What kinda ECU is in there? It could have been a Kouki Type-X harness and had to be repinned to work with the older S13 setup.

TheWolf
07-25-2009, 01:42 PM
The car ran when I baught it, but it ran super rich and shitty......

his shitty wiring job took a shit on him....

Well while waiting for the emanage we were going to re-wire the ecu, ( shrink wrap exposed wires, and clean it up) and we noticed the pinouts werent matching what all of the pinout sheets were reading.......

As soon as he started to work on it he started cussin up a storm. "none of this is right", "how did the car work before".......

Why would 70 percent of the ecu pinouts have been wrong and how would the car have ran.....

The swap was done by top dollar professionals.

It's your story man..
does nismo even make belts for these cars...
I

spartanmisfit
07-26-2009, 11:17 AM
What kinda ECU is in there? It could have been a Kouki Type-X harness and had to be repinned to work with the older S13 setup.

Thank you! That's what I've been looking for. It's a s13 ecu for sure, but how can I tell which harness it is?

spartanmisfit
07-26-2009, 06:56 PM
It's your story man..
does nismo even make belts for these cars...
I

oh and you're retarted

spartanmisfit
07-27-2009, 08:00 PM
well it seems to be pinned out right now. Everything is working, but it still wont start. I give up. Everything seems to be working now and nada. crank, putt, backfire, but no start. I'm going to check the timing this week and that's it. If it doesnt work im scrapping it.

TheWolf
07-28-2009, 09:04 AM
If it doesnt work im scrapping it.

:ddog:

There are only 4 things an engine needs. Suck, Squish, bang, blow.

Go down this list

Suck:
Intake manifold sealed?
Intake seal maintained to maf?
Squish:
Compression?
Bang
Spark present?
Timing set?
Fuel Pump on?
Fuel pressure measured at rail?
Blow:
Exhaust free of obstruction?

If you take the up pipe from the intercooler off and spray some starting fluid down the intake while trying to start the car can you get the engine to run on starting fluid?

If yes then your spark is good and timed. If no then your problem is in spark.

If spark is good and timed but engine will still not run then you know it's either fuel or compression. If compression is good then either fuel pressure or the injectors are not firing. If compression is bad then you have your "not running" answer.

If you don't have the tools above to check this then you should have no business trying to fix a car that is not running. These are diagnostic standards.

Once you find what isn't working on the engine then I would check the wiring for that subsystem since your professionally done swap doesn't seem to match anything.

TheWolf
07-28-2009, 09:05 AM
oh and you're retarted

my car starts and drive.. your's on the other hand.. well..:fruit:

spartanmisfit
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it's timing. I know I have spark, compression and fuel. Yea yea, mine does neither start nor run. It's all part of the game though.

spartanmisfit
08-03-2009, 06:11 PM
well I tried to get the timing close, dicked around with it for awhile and nothing. It cranks hard, and backfires a little, but will not turn over. It has to be the ecu still. The guy I had pin it out must have done it wrong. It's according to what the damn pinout says for my ecu! The car ran before we cleaned up the wiring. SHIT SHIT SHIT! I just dont get why the pinout isnt matching up.The paper on my coilpack says 24079 50F00 (3 in a box) AS0 20625006 JAPAN. Does that help anything.