PDA

View Full Version : Stance GR+plus installed NO HAPPY

ROIDMONKEY
07-20-2009, 08:59 PM
is it STANCE GR+PRO i think .typo

I bought a set cause a lot of guys here like them and u can "drop" ur car more than a lot of coilovers around (bullshit)
the main reason i got these is cause i wanted to go lower at front .. i was running a set of TEIN HE b4(much better ride than stance)
well to be able to go lower than TEIN at front we compress the spring(which stance says DO NOT DO IT) i read the instructions after and noticed they say no to compress the spring to lower ur car..(i could it do the same with the TEIN LOL)
any way .. been running them for a week or so.. very bumpy , i feel like im driving a honda or when someone cut their springs LOL
i played with the settings making it stiff or in between and just not happy with it.. so im going bact to tein HE ...and wtf is the knob setting in the bottom of front coilovers instead of a the top :) i mean i can reach it but fuck u have to go down to the ground to reach it ....
tein he rides much softer and stiff at same time . i mean u going over a bumpy area and car wont jump it just go nicely . well if u running TEIN HE and thinking on getting stance dont do it ...u can go lower like stance and ur ride is going to be much better

Choku_Dorian
07-20-2009, 09:14 PM
let me get them stance :squintd:

my cusco gonna need rebuilt soon

aznpoopy
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
it's on the bottom because it's inverted monotube.

i have to question your review.

how much did you preload them? preload sets a minimum amount of weight necessary before the spring begins to compress. if you've cranked up a stupid amount of preload the car will ride around like its on solid beams. playing with the damper knob won't do shit since the shock doesn't get a chance to move.

midnight_rex
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
lol mine ride good. i dont coilovers are suppose to be for comfort anyway. i got my stances set to 2 clicks from full soft and they ride well. even throwing the back end out on this setting all around is wonderful.

messing with the preload does not help at all! you did it wrong the first time and didnt follow instructions.

Sileighty_85
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
mine go low I can tuck 18's on 40 series and I still have a little bit.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/180SX/DSCN0013.jpg
(I can probably drop it another 1 inch up front and slam the rear)
yeah like aznpoopy said if you preload the coil then damp settting wont do shit

I love mine, mine are pretty comfortable, but then again I built mine for Drifting and track so i never planned on having a soft OEM feeling ride.

if you wanted comfort and height quality you should have gotten the LX+Plus (http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/coilovers/lxplus#LX+Plus-top)

ROIDMONKEY
07-20-2009, 09:58 PM
lol mine ride good. i dont coilovers are suppose to be for comfort anyway. i got my stances set to 2 clicks from full soft and they ride well. even throwing the back end out on this setting all around is wonderful.

messing with the preload does not help at all! you did it wrong the first time and didnt follow instructions.
I know the fronts are set up the wrong way and i will fix that tomorrow. the rears are ok
i hope by doing it right on the front would do the trix

ROIDMONKEY
07-20-2009, 10:01 PM

I love mine, mine are pretty comfortable, but then again I built mine for Drifting and track so i never planned on having a soft OEM feeling ride.

if you wanted comfort and height quality you should have gotten the LX+Plus (http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/coilovers/lxplus#LX+Plus-top)
my rears are way lower than yours right now. the fronts too but cause we compressed the coils :( ill fix it tomorrow

ROIDMONKEY
07-20-2009, 10:02 PM

my rears are way lower than yours right now. the fronts too but cause we compressed the coils :( ill fix it tomorrow im not looking for a soft oem ride i was just comparing the TEIN HE rides with STANCE

aznpoopy
07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
if you want to lower more than max, delete collars first.

Z33dori
07-20-2009, 10:24 PM
if you wanted low you should have gone PBM

2forty
07-20-2009, 10:24 PM
ive ridden in a set on my friends s14 and they dont feel that bad. Ive ridden in some HE's on an s13 and the ride was only a little smoother because the s13 was on some 15's and like a 55/60 series compared to the s14 with 18s and a 35/40 series.

singlecamslam
07-20-2009, 11:19 PM
At first my stances felt crappy too because i set the preload wrong. I set the preload to a minimum just using my hand to tighten the spring, now the car rides really smooth and goes over bumps great. They feel better than Apexi and Teins, i rode in both.

murda-c
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
get pbm.

Or try removing collars or buying shorter springs

randyjordan
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM
take off collars

well..at least you dont have the gr+3 ways..you cant really lower it since the line gets in the way and starts to kink for the rear. although they might not be meant to go really low? im not sure. oh well

TheWolf
07-21-2009, 05:04 AM
take out the preload... drive it again. If you find them to harsh then just picture yourself as some mad tight s13 drifter.. then learn to not take reviews from people who haven't had coilovers before with a grain of salt.

ManoNegra
07-21-2009, 08:14 AM
I've ridden in both Stance (first gen) and HEs
both corner balanced (actually own a set of each right now)
I'll take the Stances any day of the week.

0wn3r
07-21-2009, 08:35 AM
I admit mine Stance's are bumpy too, but I am guessing you're not running SSD's like me. Anyways, try putting near full soft rear and near full stiff front and see if that helps when daily driving.

murda-c
07-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Proper preload should fix your ride problems, i don't find stance very uncomfortable.

Z33dori
07-21-2009, 09:43 AM
is there a write up on how to properly pre-load you coilovers?

edit: nvm found it

Sthrteen
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I have stance gr+ I admit the first day I put them on it did feel a bit bouncy, but after riding in the for a few days the bounce went away, ride quality now is great, I love my stance.

smellslikecurry
07-21-2009, 02:05 PM
get the kts ultra lows

holemilk00
07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
I've ridden in both Stance (first gen) and HEs
both corner balanced (actually own a set of each right now)
I'll take the Stances any day of the week.

I'm with you, I've bought two cars with Teins on them, and I've sold both sets in order to put Stance coils on. I'm extremely pleased. As for ride height, mine go plenty low for Michigan roads, but I guess its different on smoother roads.

OP: Fix your preload issue, then come back and tell us what you think, the only coils I've ever owned that I liked better then my gr+pro's where my zero2's.

Z33dori
07-21-2009, 10:05 PM
i've installed 3 sets of stance on cars since i have moved to ohio....

i love every set...
but i still love my PBM's fa-sho

slothonaleash
07-21-2009, 10:22 PM
It's physically impossible for me to go lower on my gr+... unless I were to cut the metal lip thing off the inside of my front fender well. It's bashed in pretty good with a hammer and I still slash my tires on that thing during cornering. There was no preload necessary; they're at full low with the two collars removed all while retaining a good spring compression. They were a bit bumpy to start out with while driving on full hard, but once the springs settled after a week or so the ride was quite good--I'd even say comfortable even on full hard.

ROIDMONKEY
07-22-2009, 09:51 AM
fixed .. spring preload was wrong. i lose it all the pressure and problem went away.. car rides smooth now. after playing around i noticed that the TEIN HE actually can go lower than the STANCE :) for real.. im still running the stance tho...

murda-c
07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
fixed .. spring preload was wrong. i lose it all the pressure and problem went away.. car rides smooth now. after playing around i noticed that the TEIN HE actually can go lower than the STANCE :) for real.. im still running the stance tho...

you pull out collars?

ROIDMONKEY
07-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Nope. I'm running a 235/40/18 at front. Rubbing to much as it is now.

you pull out collars?

BustedS13
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
the only important suspension aspect is ride height

Drink&Drift
07-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Nope. I'm running a 235/40/18 at front. Rubbing to much as it is now.
arent you complaining that you cant go low enough with the front?
now your saying your already rubbing?

Gumballf355
07-22-2009, 02:23 PM
He was just confused... seems like he's figured it out now.

Z33dori
07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Roid how exactly did you pre-load them... or did you not pre-load them at all?

BlitzRPS13
07-22-2009, 02:56 PM
If you want it lower.. take the collars out. I had next to no preload on the spring and it feels great nice and comfortable yet stiff. The only thing that sucks is the adjusters at the bottom on the fronts... my gf has like under 1k on hers and their fucked.

Silverbullet
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
did u really think the stances would be better than teins? stances (as well as all other x>$1200 coilovers) damp too much at high piston speeds

Sileighty_85
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Damn why does it sound like everyone thinks there is only one coilover type that stance makes?
[/URL]
Stance makes 5 different coil overs, which you decide on which one to buy depending on what you are building your car for.
[URL]http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/coilovers (http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/coilovers)

the GR+ pretty much dab in to each catagory but focus a little more on height control

MrMigs
07-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Sounds like YOUUUUuuuuuuu need some Endless Super Function C's. LoL