PDA

View Full Version : Brake, Suspension, and Clearance Questions

Cramadon02
07-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Ok. I'm working on upgrading my S13. A while ago, i installed Eibach Sportlines and KYB AGXs. Got a nice drop from it, but i would've liked that gap to be a little less than what it was. I'm currently running stock brake rotors and calipers.

A couple weeks ago, i bought some Q45 Calipers, and they don't clear my teardrops. So i'm definitely going to need some rims that will clear.

Here are my questions.

- Generally speaking, is there a uniform way of knowing which rims will clear the Q45 calipers? (originally i was simply looking at a set of 16 inch meshies)
- Is there another way to remove that slim plating behind the stock brake rotor (to replace with bigger slotted and cross-drilled) without having to remove the entire hub or sawing through the plate?
- Are the Megan Racing coilover conversion kits any good, or am i better off scoring a complete coilover set?
- Does anyone know what kind of clearance i would get with a set of 16s vs 17s with my current suspension set up?

Thanks in advance for you guys' help.

jorge1190
07-19-2009, 11:41 AM
1.) most of the time brake clearance depends on spoke design.
2.) Cut it
3.) save up and get some good coilovers. Stance is much better for a couple hundred more.
4.) If you are worries about wheel gap you need coilovers

OptionZero
07-19-2009, 12:42 PM
q45s dont have any clearance problems, all the added mass is on the inside

they'll clear anything