PDA

View Full Version : Sr will not start if it's warm

Este510
07-15-2009, 04:32 PM
My car will not start after it's warmed up, or even if it's over 90 degrees outside, but if I disconnect the coolant temp sensor it starts right up.

I've already changed both coolant sensors, wiring harness, spark plugs and the thermastat, what else could it be. I am running a power fc, upgraded turbo, injectors, and z32 maf for the last 3 years now. Any help would be helpful.

tunersedge
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
My car will not start after it's warmed up, or even if it's over 90 degrees outside, but if I disconnect the coolant temp sensor it starts right up.

I've already changed both coolant sensors, wiring harness, spark plugs and the thermastat, what else could it be. I am running a power fc, upgraded turbo, injectors, and z32 maf for the last 3 years now. Any help would be helpful.

I had this exact same problem for a while. I replaced both coolant sensors and it fixed it. What sr are you running? I first replaced my coolant sensor with one from a sentra se-r. I got the sensor from autozone and that didnt fix it. I purchased the one that frsport has on their site and it fixed it.

ManoNegra
07-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Similar thing happened to me once
turned out I left the Temp sensor not fully plugged
after doing some work in the engine bay

Este510
07-16-2009, 01:49 AM
It's a red top, I bought the sensors from superior nissan.

ross.cottrill
07-16-2009, 05:02 AM
im pretty sure roidmonkey had the same problem,might wanna shoot him a pm..

fliprayzin240sx
07-16-2009, 08:37 AM
ECU water temp sensor...is the 2 wire sensor. Either the ECU is getting a bad reading and making it think your engine is still cold or your PFC correction settings are off.

Este510
07-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Figured it out, PFC had the wrong readings, Thanks for all the info.