PDA

View Full Version : limp mode but maf is good

xX5Tb0nE7Xx
07-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I have an SR redtop with FMIC and s13 chassis. I just put it in and got it running but it idles crappy and is in limp mode. If im in neutral or the clutch is in i can rev it up but not making any boost. otherwise when theres a load on it wont rev past 3k. I rewired it over and over and no luck. I put my friends maf from a different redtop and nothing changed. does it make a difference that my SR is from an auto and the maf i tried is from mt? The only other thing I can think of is that I have boost leak in a coupler. Could that make it run in limp mode? Im about to try switching ECUs but again auto to manual... will that make any difference?

Oh also I dont see any codes being thrown.

TheWolf
07-17-2009, 05:05 AM
I would check for a boost leak. If your in limp mode then in neutral it will not rev past 3k with no load. You've obviously got some other problem then if it will rev fine in neutral. Check boost pipes first.

xX5Tb0nE7Xx
07-19-2009, 01:49 PM
I have a boost leak on the cold side of my charge pipes, its not small could that cause it to cut out when theres a load on? When it cuts out its running very rich. it also idles at about -19 psi and i cant get it to boost over 0 does that mean i have a vac leak?

xX5Tb0nE7Xx
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
ok I did a little tape job over the leak an it took care of a few problems but now im hearing a noise that i dont like im gonna look more into it wen im more awake.

TheWolf
07-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Wait so instead of fixing the leak you wraped tape around it??

xX5Tb0nE7Xx
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
i got a new coupler for it now so it is fixed. But its still doin something i cant figure out. Only when Im at steady speed it happens, around 2500rpm it seems like my engine completely shuts off for a couple seconds and keeps coming back on its real annoying. The RPMs dont change, vac doesnt change, but the engine stops?? I dont really know how to explain it but if im accelerating harder it runs perfect. Its just when im cruising.